Going overseas with an RV

Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
winibago vectra grand tour
RV Experience
Do you need any markers on the back of your rv as I'm 37 feet long and with a tag axle

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Hurricane 30
RV Experience
4 years
I've never seen those stripey HGV things on the back of an RV, nor the "long vehicle" signs either.

Good point. There are so many European trucks over here nowadays and yet I don't ever see the "Left Hand Drive" sign on the back of anything, I'm sure I used to, in the good old days.

I've thought of having a sign on the side of the RV though, at the rear, for when towing a tow car. A sign which says "Hello, I'm attached to the car behind" because someone once tried to cut in between the RV I was driving and the car I was towing when I was going round a roundabout a few years ago. Having an "On Tow" sign in the rear window of the car isn't any help to the person approaching from the side. Gave me a proper fright it did. Gave the car driver an even bigger fright I expect when the little Fiat didn't "give way".

Maybe I should just buy lots of bumper stickers. That could be a new thread. Or I could sign write the whole RV with warnings. Instead of having www.myRVdealer.com at the top of the windscreen I could have all manner of other warnings. I'm starting to feel inspired.

Last edited:

Back