Going overseas with an RV

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Damon Daybreak 3270
RV Experience
5 happy years Picking up Bits
Hi all, just thinking about going over channel makes me think..we haven't done it and I bet a few others haven't yet. Its a bit daunting isn't it? How about a thread or whatever with people either discussing the ins an outs or even talking about a mass emigration ie all together now:) and helping each other during the trip, could be like a sort of mobile on going rally..Or am I being dumb a usual:rolleyes:

stunette

Life Member
Member No
RV Type
A Class
RV Experience
Since 2008
Hi all, just thinking about going over channel makes me think..we haven't done it and I bet a few others haven't yet. Its a bit daunting isn't it? How about a thread or whatever with people either discussing the ins an outs or even talking about a mass emigration ie all together now:) and helping each other during the trip, could be like a sort of mobile on going rally..Or am I being dumb a usual:rolleyes:
I'm saying nothing......:giggle:

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Damon Daybreak 3270
RV Experience
you cant comment as your too busy selling ice cream:clap:

paul&debra

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
a class
Model
Coachmen Mirada
RV Experience
since august 2012
We had our Norway trip in 2013 and had great fun. Took out the Breakdown insurance and felt better, but would love to travel in a small convoy. More secure and help on hand if any problems. We would be up for a trip in the summer and again next winter to Spain / Portugal.(y):D:D:D

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Damon Daybreak 3270
RV Experience
Norty people we don't litter the highways anymore:rofl:

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Hymer
RV Experience
Since 2005
Destination Unknown are always over the water, must be a blog of theirs somewhere.
We have been over quite a bit, a piece of cake, just prepare as regs and requirements vary in different countries. A search on Google will give loads of info.
An RV being LHD is fine for the job but some sites are a tad restricted so again info in the form of site books etc are necessary.
Be sure to have a good insurance with full repair/rescue.
More than one payment method is a must as acceptance of cards do vary.
We have our normal bank and credit cards, also a Caxton card which can be pre loaded with Euros also an adequate cash backup.
Good luck, once you've done it once , it's like sex, you'll want more ;)

paul&debra

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
a class
Model
Coachmen Mirada
RV Experience
since august 2012
Good luck, once you've done it once , it's like sex, you'll want more ;)[/QUOTE]
Tell that to the Wife:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Damon Daybreak 3270
RV Experience
Whats SEX? is it to do with the RVs braking system I don't understand!

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Hurricane 30
RV Experience
4 years

Count me in for a mass emigration! Definitely. Mobile on-going rally. Brilliant idea.

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Damon Daybreak 3270
RV Experience
Thanks Jaime, so come on you guys an gals form an orderly queue, we need suggestions and help ideas etc etc input is required. Like what about fuel, adaptors for gas and lecky? We have never been over in the Rv before, and it could be fun to go en masse (trying to be French see)

Member No
RV Type
A Class 39ft Diesel Pusher
Model
Fleetwood Discovery 39S
RV Experience
Since Oct 2007
You may need one of these for the EHU.
31ByM8OxeXL.jpg

and possible one of these from Gaslow for butane and propane bottles
file_151_1.jpg

If the site you visit has metered electric I'd advise you to invest also in one of these Owl Monitors
eb74511a9be86921c16082b82f0038d5_f57.png

Well I've started the ball rolling? (y)

Back