Going overseas with an RV

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Damon Daybreak 3270
RV Experience
5 happy years Picking up Bits
great idea car sharing (cept we aint got one) 4 VEHICLES but couldn't even tow a pram coz of my weight plate

Member No
RV Type
A class.
Model
Thor Vegas 24.1
RV Experience
Since 2007
Don't forget to put the car on a trailer....the French are red hot on A frames apparently.

Now this is where everybody tells me you can tow in France with an A frame !!;)

Regards

John P(y)

paul&debra

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
a class
Model
Coachmen Mirada
RV Experience
since august 2012
France is ok , it's Germany and Spain where you need a trailer:D:D

paul&debra

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
a class
Model
Coachmen Mirada
RV Experience
since august 2012
You would have to wonder about Axle weights :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Member No
RV Experience
2002-2012
We'd be delighted to welcome all who could join the group, and can book fully serviced pitches for those who want them; already have one booked for the summer, so nine or ten still available! Decent roads to get here, plenty of manoeuvring room on site, no overhanging trees, and a member discount too!

The comment about it being easier to drive RVs here in France than in the UK is true as we proved - whilst we lest several wing mirrors in the UK with the narrow roads there we never lost one in France!
Bob
www.parcverger.com

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Damon Daybreak 3270
RV Experience
5 happy years Picking up Bits
Thanks Bob the only thing stopping us will be if the bus brakes down:cry:again again and again. Im thinking its time to give up.

Member No
RV Type
A class.
Model
Thor Vegas 24.1
RV Experience
Since 2007
Thanks Bob the only thing stopping us will be if the bus brakes down:cry:again again and again. Im thinking its time to give up.

Trade the damn thing in:)

Go to a dealer and part ex it, To your credit you've lasted a lot longer than me!!

It would have been two gallons of four star and a match and a trip on the Mendip hills if I'd had your problems.;)

Motorhoming is a great way of life but to be in fear of breaking down every ten minutes ain't my idea of fun.

Just a thought.

Regards

John P(y)

Last edited:
Member No
RV Type
Monaco safari trek
Model
Monaco Safari Trek
RV Experience
18 months and loving it!
We'd love to join you but would depend on dates as already got quite a bit booked in next year and Allan waiting on dates for a routine operation. Keep us posted though.

Member No
RV Type
Damon daybreak
RV Experience
4 years
What dates are you thinking of, France sounds good, how long a trip, keep me posted. Thx chris and julie

Member No
RV Type
A Class, Length 9.9314m or 32' 7" in proper measurements.
Model
Winnebago Sightseer 31E .......... 2010
RV Experience
5 Years drivng a " WINNEBAGO ". SuperExcellent. SuperLuckyLad.
It would have been two gallons of four star and a match and a trip on the Mendip hills if I'd had your problems.;)

Just a thought.

Regards

John P(y)

Four star. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You are showing your age Mr JP. :nod:

Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
Damon Challenger
RV Experience
Bought our first RV. 2011 Thor ACE
Hi everyone, and a late Happy New Year
We've been over many times and toured round France.
It's very exciting and scary, but once you've done it once you'll
want to go back for more!!!!! We always travel with two dogs, and
have RAC arrival breakdown cover which we have used on several occasions with no problems, they've always got us sorted.
Our advice would be plan well ahead, research the sites, routes and
service stations and you'll love it
We're going over May/June this year, and will be heading straight down to the Med.
Roll on May:):cool:

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Hurricane 30
RV Experience
4 years
We'd need one experienced RV'r and about 3/4 in the convoy? Convoy of more than 4/5 would be a bit unwieldy? I'd chip in towards the expenses of the experienced RV'r (with good credentials) because having a bunch of amateurs might be a bit tedious for them.

sundowner

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
Neismann+Bischoff Flair 2.8 Iveco
RV Experience
47 years on and off with various travelling vehicles
We feel the best way to work this ( once you have worked out where/when to go) is to have a route set out with Co-Ords of night/meet-up points and not run as a convoy but aim to meet at set points because we all want something different from our trip and might want to take a different route to set meeting point. Personally we find that three vehicles running together is enough of a hand-full on the road.
Nigel & Pamala

sundowner

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
Neismann+Bischoff Flair 2.8 Iveco
RV Experience
47 years on and off with various travelling vehicles
We'd need one experienced RV'r and about 3/4 in the convoy? Convoy of more than 4/5 would be a bit unwieldy? I'd chip in towards the expenses of the experienced RV'r (with good credentials) because having a bunch of amateurs might be a bit tedious for them.

We put out the idea of a group trip to Morocco when we planned to go four years ago,(on Fun) but we had soo many want us to hold their hands (and for us too many piss-heads) that we dropped out---it is VERY stressful trying to 'guide' a load of different people/vans.
When we went to Sweden we only wanted to have one van with us (and turned several away) ----not being unsociable ----but we wanted to enjoy our trip----AND WE DID---
Nigel & Pamala

Back