Who's going where?

Member No
RV Type
been sold
Model
fleetwood pace arrow now been sold.
RV Experience
from 2004
We are off to Oxford for a day or so,only to see if the caravan is working OK,before I put it up for sale next week.

Pete45:wink:

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Damon Daybreak 3211
RV Experience
Since July 2013
We are at the Caravan Club National (Arley Hall). Our first time and probably the last. About half a dozen RV's in the line up but as expected, torrential rain spoiling the event.

Not sure this type of event is for us. Unsure what a National was all about when we booked but after reading the programme I know we will not be interested in 90% of the planned events. Oh well! You live and learn.

MikeyRV

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
A classs
Model
Burstner Elegance I821G
RV Experience
Since 1977
We are off to Oxford for a day or so,only to see if the caravan is working OK,before I put it up for sale next week.

Pete45:wink:

Could have done that on your driveway Pete, or are you turning into a tin tent lover. :001_tongue:
Have a good time whatever. :thumbup:

stunette

Life Member
Member No
RV Type
A Class
RV Experience
Since 2008
We are at the Caravan Club National (Arley Hall). Our first time and probably the last. About half a dozen RV's in the line up but as expected, torrential rain spoiling the event.

Not sure this type of event is for us. Unsure what a National was all about when we booked but after reading the programme I know we will not be interested in 90% of the planned events. Oh well! You live and learn.

Shame, but do try to make the most, despite the weather.. Tomorrow is going to be better, so might make everyone a bit happier... All the best & keep smiling ..:001_smile:

Member No
RV Type
American A Class
Model
Fleetwood Bounder 34J
RV Experience
Not long enough
We shall be with the funsters at Kent Show our first weekend back in blighty.:thumbup: Not sure if we're looking forward to the weather though although it has been a tad wet here in France..........breaking us in gently I think. :001_tongue:

Well if its as bad as you make out my wellies will have their first airing since I bought them last July!!:lol:

Safe journey to one and all where ever you are travelling.

Brian and Chris

stunette

Life Member
Member No
RV Type
A Class
RV Experience
Since 2008
Nice to see you are still traveling & are still ok.. The weather is set to turn a bit better, although still unsettled.. You must have brought the sun with you..:biggrin:

Damondunc

Trade Member
Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
Damon Intruder
RV Experience
We are at The Hot Rod & Custom show at Peterborough showground and guess what IT'S RAINING :sad:but we have big coats and wellies so no probs there :thumbup:

Looking forward to getting to the show and splashing the cash for goodies for the Dayvan :wink:

Oh yeah and with a bit of luck Otis the lurcher pup i'm fostering will be off to his new home this weekend :thumbup:

Whatever you guys are doing ,Enjoy :biggrin:

Chris

Otis has left the building , we took him down to Bucks and i think he is going to be one very happy bunny:thumbup:

old mo

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
Low Profile "Majestic"..
Model
RV Experience
Years & Years
Otis has left the building , we took him down to Bucks and i think he is going to be one very happy bunny:thumbup:

I am totally confused... :blink:

And I expect "Otis" is as well... :sad:

In a previous post Otis is a Lurcher pup..

And this one he is a Bunny...:crying:

One minute he is a Lurcher Pup........... and the next he is a Happy Bunny...

How to confuse a dog and an old fart all in one go... :wink::lol:

Damondunc

Trade Member
Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
Damon Intruder
RV Experience
I am totally confused... :blink:

And I expect "Otis" is as well... :sad:

In a previous post Otis is a Lurcher pup..

And this one he is a Bunny...:crying:

One minute he is a Lurcher Pup........... and the next he is a Happy Bunny...

How to confuse a dog and an old fart all in one go... :wink::lol:

Would it send you over the edge if i said not only was the lurcher pup now a happy bunny but also that Otis is now Finn:biggrin::biggrin:
What a day, a new sofa,a new name and a new tennis ball :thumbup:
Forgot to say there are some beautiul cars here at the Hot Rod & Custom Show, i've had new number plates made for the dayvan with its' new registration , haven't found a lot more for it though the Corbeau seats are nice i fear Dunc and I would become a teeny bit wedged in them :wink:
chris

MikeyRV

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
A classs
Model
Burstner Elegance I821G
RV Experience
Since 1977
Photos of hod rods please. :thumbup:

Member No
RV Type
a class
Model
damon challanger 330..1998
RV Experience
Graham since 2013 Shirl for years
Would it send you over the edge if i said not only was the lurcher pup now a happy bunny but also that Otis is now Finn:biggrin::biggrin:
What a day, a new sofa,a new name and a new tennis ball :thumbup:
Forgot to say there are some beautiul cars here at the Hot Rod & Custom Show, i've had new number plates made for the dayvan with its' new registration , haven't found a lot more for it though the Corbeau seats are nice i fear Dunc and I would become a teeny bit wedged in them :wink:
chris

Very pleased that the happy bunny Otis now Finn has a new home.
(Graham kept asking how he was doing, think he would like a wee doggie :001_smile:)

Hope the sun shines for you today and you find some nice bits for your dayvan:thumbup:

stunette

Life Member
Member No
RV Type
A Class
RV Experience
Since 2008
You've done old Mo.... He's had to go for a lie down now with complete mental exhaustion..

Glad your having a good time..:thumbup:

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Endeavour Holiday Rambler
RV Experience
Just starting
Working Bank Hol, been cat-sympathising all weekend, toothache :crying: poor little mite

Damondunc

Trade Member
Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
Damon Intruder
RV Experience
Two shows for the price of one , Hot Rod & Custom show and the Modified Nationals ,at Peterborough showground

The H&C was quite a sedate show ,live rockabilly bands and retro , americana etc for sale and some seriously wicked and beautiful cars.

Nationals was not merely buzzing it was Banging , what an atmosphere , hundreds of boy racer types with mostly lovingly kept cars , speaker systems in the boot of cars that wouldn't look out of place at a rock concert . one poor chap showing off his audio system forgot to open the boot and shattered his windscreen . You could pay and go for a drift with the experts :thumbup:

We loved it and will be going next year for sure , hopefully as an exhibitor with the Day van :wink:
Would recommend it for petrolheads :thumbup:
Pics will follow when Dunc fathoms how to put them on:wink:

Chris

Damondunc

Trade Member
Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
Damon Intruder
RV Experience
photo's now here:

http://www.rvoc.co.uk/forum/members/damondunc-albums-hot-rod-and-modified-nationals-show.html

now i know how to put photo's on the site, i will try more often, still a bit of a one fingered fred with some computer uploads etc. ( must be either the age or excess of beer this weekend). I do have a few more to add later, this was almost the best show we have been to, even the attitude of the youngsters was excellent, everyone was totally dedicated to their wheels, whatever the wheels may be hot rod or plastic fantastic, we will definitely be back there next year.
Dunc.

Last edited:

MikeyRV

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
A classs
Model
Burstner Elegance I821G
RV Experience
Since 1977
Great photos Duncan, two of my faverites there vermin diner rad rod and the green chevy with the orange flames which was first shown last year at the. NSRA hot rod super nationals. :thumbup:

Damondunc

Trade Member
Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
Damon Intruder
RV Experience
watch this space, more to come later!:thumbup:

Member No
RV Type
don't own one yet - but will do hahaha
RV Experience
Had tourers & statics for years
Some great cars there and can't wait to see the next installment!:thumbup:

We love car shows - you see some of them time and time again, but you still get excited looking at them and you appreciate how much love, work and effort goes into them.:001_smile: Sadly though, it gets more and more worrying looking at the classic as you end up seeing lots of cars you have actually had.......then the kids and grandkids looking at the vintage cars ask 'Have you had one of those??????':wink::wink: Just how old do they think we are????:lol:

Buuuuutttttttttt the one that evokes many happy memories for me is the Mk3 Cortina - sad I know:lol: We had a hand painted metallic green one cost us a whole £50 in the late 70's - which I believe a tree jumped in front of:wink::wink:.........and a bright yellow 16GT (and we really rolled the boat out there:lol:) that cost us a mega £100......sadly it wouln't have pulled you out of bed......we tried to tow a caravan with this one..............well I'll save that tale for another day :lol: Needless to say many many happy memories.:001_smile:

Back