Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Winnebago Journey DL 34 HD
RV Experience
Since 2011
Another popular myth that will be whispered into your lug hole, no doubt, is the one about thieves drilling a hole in your RV and pumping ether gas in to render you unconscious. It is absolute crap!

RV Neal

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
B-Class
Model
Lexington
RV Experience
35 years with RVs
Another popular myth that will be whispered into your lug hole, no doubt, is the one about thieves drilling a hole in your RV and pumping ether gas in to render you unconscious. It is absolute crap!
Yes, complete and utter crap.

Steve Martin

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
A
Model
Monaco Knight 30' twin slide Diesel
RV Experience
Not enough to get the T-shirt
thank you, that's reassuring.

Thanks for this. Googled football stadiums near Bilbao, came up with a few! Has anyone experienced any issues in Santander and Bilbao with migrants?
I would try to swop Bilbao for Santander as I have heard that you have to do a U turn on the ferry on arrival.

Grizlyadams

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
Damon Challenger
Model
RV Experience
A few years
Hi, first post here.
Have booked a ferry to Bilbao this autumn, due to arrive 5.30pm. Has anyone stopped at the Kobeta Aire overlooking the city in their RV? We're 10.5m + motorbike on back. Wondering whether they could accommodate us. Didn't want to travel to far on that first evening.
Also looking for any other recommendations, do's and don'ts. Only got a month before we have to return to uk.
Not necessarily in search of heat and beach.
Thinking of heading to Urbasa national park. Then foothills of Pyranees towards Barcelona. If anyone has got recommendations of a campsite for a few days within 30mins of Barcelona to allow us to travel in on motorbike leaving RV safe that would be appreciated.
Then head down coast towards Valencia and see how far we get before having to set off home.
Have purchased the Espanyol Discovery book as an addition to aires and campsites.
All advice gratefully received. Especially how safe people feel leaving RV in aires whilst going off site seeing for a few hours?
Thank you
Not sure if I'm too late on this reply - I stayed at Kobeta when I came back this year. Mine's 11m plus bike rack. If you have a large overhang and the rack is low, you will need to turn around and depart via the entrance as to get to the exit there's a steep left turn.

They will also charge you double if over 8m - and only tell you that when you get there, all communication up to that point will be "yes, no problem, we have space, come along".
They were not full at all (about 4 others there plus a couple of pikey Hobby caravans with full family compliment and washing machines / tumble dryers outside. Quite how that fits with their length of stay terms, I have no idea - they wanted to buy my RV and know what breed my dag was within half an hour of me getting there.

Road up there is a bit windy (as in sinous, not blustery) and the entrance is quite tight, but perfectly doable.

Grizlyadams

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
Damon Challenger
Model
RV Experience
A few years
I would try to swop Bilbao for Santander as I have heard that you have to do a U turn on the ferry on arrival.
You do have to u-turn, but as long as you don't have towed car on an a-frame it's fine. You'd be fine with a trailer - I had to reverse once to make it round. (36ft/11m)

Back