Alderstead heath club site. Just off m23 Surrey

Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
coachmen aurora
RV Experience
Its a caravan club site but have to great hardstanding pitches for the biggest of RV. 16 amp lecy lovely clean showers and easy dump station. Little bit of pain to get to having to go up a23 then spin round to get on Sheppard hill road.

Attachments

• 20181010_143129.jpg
    20181010_143129.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 32
Member No
RV Type
Forest River
Model
Georgetown 375XL 11.5meters 10.5tonnes
RV Experience
Older and wiser now.
Best if you leave M25 at J8 southbound on A217, immediately swing left onto Gatton Bottom, then up A23 and turn right into Shepherd's Hill. Our regular stop for family visits in London area.

Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
coachmen aurora
RV Experience
Did see that way wasnt sure how good it was so went other way but thats good to know its ok.

Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
American Coach Tradition 40Z
RV Experience
Since 2014
Its a caravan club site but have to great hardstanding pitches for the biggest of RV. 16 amp lecy lovely clean showers and easy dump station. Little bit of pain to get to having to go up a23 then spin round to get on Sheppard hill road.

Did they let you book the pitch?
This is my annoyance as the CC and MC have big enough pitches at some of their sites but they won’t let you reserve them. They are on a first come first served basis. If you are disabled you can reserve a pitch
This is discrimination in reverse :devil::devil::devil::devil::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Olley

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
A
Model
Winnebago Brave 31'
RV Experience
I followed the satnav and went up Dean Lane, they do tell you not to in the site instructions, but who reads those?? :think: By the time I saw the "Unsuitable for heavy vehicles" sign I was passed it and with the car trailer on, I just thought sod it. Bad move after a short distance some cars came the other way. We did get sorted eventually, but a lady driver couldn't understand why I couldn't simply reverse the 200 odd yards. back to the A23, it took the sight of me relaxing drinking a cuppa to convince her I wasn't reversing.
Nice site though.:)

Member No
RV Type
fifth wheel
Model
hearthland sundance xlt 293re
RV Experience
42 on off
This is my annoyance as the CC and MC have big enough pitches at some of their sites but they won’t let you reserve them. They are on a first come first served basis. If you are disabled you can reserve a pitch
This is discrimination in reverse :devil::devil::devil::devil::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
i have found with both clubs that if you phone the site to book they ususally put a cone on a big pitch till we arrive

Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
coachmen aurora
RV Experience
Hi Dave i just phoned them said want to book for one night told them 11 meter rv and they said no problem. there is only 2 big rv pitches. Ive always been able too book a pitch with cc so much so going to join up next year i think.

Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
coachmen aurora
RV Experience
i have found with both clubs that if you phone the site to book they ususally put a cone on a big pitch till we arrive
Never had a problem always phoned before and when we stayed at one in kent got off boat late ect called as we were docking and they said no problem. Pub just over road was great.

Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
RV Experience
Since 2014
Hi Dave i just phoned them said want to book for one night told them 11 meter rv and they said no problem. there is only 2 big rv pitches. Ive always been able too book a pitch with cc so much so going to join up next year i think.

That’s interesting so they are letting you book pitches?
That wasn’t their format previously

paul&debra

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
a class
Model
Coachmen Mirada
RV Experience
since august 2012
That’s interesting so they are letting you book pitches?
That wasn’t their format previously
Perhaps they just didn't like you Dave :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
RV Experience
Since 2014
Can’t blame them then!
Paul you are a one but I like you!
Tribute to Dick Emery

paul&debra

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
a class
Model
Coachmen Mirada
RV Experience
since august 2012
Oh you are awful :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

MikeyRV

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
A classs
Model
Burstner Elegance I821G
RV Experience
Since 1977
There not actually letting you book a pitch, it’s just if you ring ahead because you have a large RV and they have limited pitches they will stop peaple going on them.

Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
RV Experience
Since 2014
They need to allow booking of pitches. I sent an email over a year ago and received acknowledgment. That was as much as I ever heard :banghead:

Gareth62

Life Member
Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Coachmen Mirada 290KS
RV Experience
A lot more than I had in Feb 2018 when I had none.
I have found you need to call the site direct booking on line or call center is no good, they normally have a corner they can get you in but I have found dumping tanks is a pain in these type of sites....

Back