Alderstead heath club site. Just off m23 Surrey

Tommy

Subscriber
Did see that way wasnt sure how good it was so went other way but thats good to know its ok.

dentaldave

Its a caravan club site but have to great hardstanding pitches for the biggest of RV. 16 amp lecy lovely clean showers and easy dump station. Little bit of pain to get to having to go up a23 then spin round to get on Sheppard hill road.
Did they let you book the pitch?
This is my annoyance as the CC and MC have big enough pitches at some of their sites but they won’t let you reserve them. They are on a first come first served basis. If you are disabled you can reserve a pitch
This is discrimination in reverse :devil::devil::devil::devil::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Olley

Subscriber
I followed the satnav and went up Dean Lane, they do tell you not to in the site instructions, but who reads those?? :think: By the time I saw the "Unsuitable for heavy vehicles" sign I was passed it and with the car trailer on, I just thought sod it. Bad move after a short distance some cars came the other way. We did get sorted eventually, but a lady driver couldn't understand why I couldn't simply reverse the 200 odd yards. back to the A23, it took the sight of me relaxing drinking a cuppa to convince her I wasn't reversing.
Nice site though.:)

adventura

Subscriber
This is my annoyance as the CC and MC have big enough pitches at some of their sites but they won’t let you reserve them. They are on a first come first served basis. If you are disabled you can reserve a pitch
This is discrimination in reverse :devil::devil::devil::devil::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
i have found with both clubs that if you phone the site to book they ususally put a cone on a big pitch till we arrive

Tommy

Subscriber
Hi Dave i just phoned them said want to book for one night told them 11 meter rv and they said no problem. there is only 2 big rv pitches. Ive always been able too book a pitch with cc so much so going to join up next year i think.

Tommy

Subscriber
i have found with both clubs that if you phone the site to book they ususally put a cone on a big pitch till we arrive
Never had a problem always phoned before and when we stayed at one in kent got off boat late ect called as we were docking and they said no problem. Pub just over road was great.

dentaldave

Hi Dave i just phoned them said want to book for one night told them 11 meter rv and they said no problem. there is only 2 big rv pitches. Ive always been able too book a pitch with cc so much so going to join up next year i think.
That’s interesting so they are letting you book pitches?
That wasn’t their format previously

MikeyRV

Subscriber
There not actually letting you book a pitch, it’s just if you ring ahead because you have a large RV and they have limited pitches they will stop peaple going on them.

dentaldave

They need to allow booking of pitches. I sent an email over a year ago and received acknowledgment. That was as much as I ever heard :banghead:

Gareth62

Subscriber
I have found you need to call the site direct booking on line or call center is no good, they normally have a corner they can get you in but I have found dumping tanks is a pain in these type of sites....