Travel thru Kosovo, Serbia, Macedonia in an RV...?

Member No
RV Type
Winnebago Suncruiser
RV Experience
3yrs owning, started touring Sept 2015
Hi All,

We need to get from Dubrovnik, Croatia to Preveza, Greece next week. The direct route is through Albania but we are avoiding the country for various reasons (insurance, warnings re: roads) and so need another route south.

Has anyone travelled in their RV (or any motorhome) through Montenegro, Kosovo, Serbia or Macedonia? My main concern is the suitability of roads for our vehicle, although obviously our safety is always a concern! I know Serbia has an excellent motorway network but can't find definitive info about the others.

Many thanks in advance!
Elizabeth

P.S. Just out of interest - has anyone done the whole route through Albania? Are the roads in the south really as bad as we're told?

Merv-IOM

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Winnebago Journey DL 34 HD
RV Experience
Since 2011
Sorry but we can't help you personally on this one - yet! We're planning to trundle down thro Romania, Bulgaria, Greece then up through Macedonia etc - but we're topping up our funds at the mo' so won't be this year. Croatia is pretty good road wise etc, we went last year and had no problems.

Good luck with your journey

Merv & Sandra

Member No
RV Type
Winnebago Suncruiser
RV Experience
3yrs owning, started touring Sept 2015
Thanks guys for your responses. We leave Dubrovnik tomorrow morning and hope to be in Greece by Sunday morning (long, long drives for 3 days!)

I'll let you know how it goes as there seems to be little info about the borders, road conditions and general issues in Kosovo, and whether travelling into Greece from Macedonia is currently an issue with the refugee crisis at the border.

We have a blog (I am 4 months behind - oops!) It's not a daily, informative blog - more an entertainment-based blog. It may come in useful for some of you RV owners though, and if you spot us anywhere you want more info about I'd be happy to help. The blog address is https://ataleoftwodickens.com/

Take care and happy travelling/planning!
Elizabeth x

Back