RV over the Selvio Pass

G

golden oldie

Hi all, haven't posted for a few month, been busy getting the transport ready for our European trip. I fancy driving the Selvio Pass in Italy ( blame Jeremy Clarkson & Top Gear) and wonder if anyone out there has tried it in an RV. Any information would be appreciated.
Golden Oldie.

Olley

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
A
Model
Winnebago Brave 31'
RV Experience
If you watch this vid, after a couple of mins they catch up with a coach, not one of the real biggy's but at least 30' I would have throught.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiHL4-7VTkc[/ame]

Ian

Member No
RV Type
been sold
Model
fleetwood pace arrow now been sold.
RV Experience
from 2004
Well Golden Oldie,all i can say is if you go for it,all the best to you. would not be for me or Shirl.:crying:

Pete and Shirl :001_smile:

Member No
RV Type
nothing
Model
nothing
RV Experience
nothing
Well Golden Oldie,all i can say is if you go for it,all the best to you. would not be for me or Shirl.:crying:

Pete and Shirl :001_smile:

just like the roads when we go up the mountains skiing must say makes you nip slightly we have taken the R.V skiing up some of those roads gets a bit technical now and again i myself dont see to much have my eyes closed most of the time good job polecat keeps his open eh:lol::lol::biggrin:

Geo

Member No
RV Type
A Class RV 36ft 7"
Model
Damon Challenger
RV Experience
30+
Anyone who's done the High Atlass mountains, in Morocco, Rory,Linden,Mark and myself included in3 RVs inc 2 at 36foot a 34 footer and a large tag Eurovan 3.5 hrs non stop going down on a single track with two way traffic would say that, that particular dual carrigway looks a breeze:thumbup:
Geo

Attachments

• ROR MOROCCO 2008 591 (Medium).jpg
    ROR MOROCCO 2008 591 (Medium).jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 15
Bicester Oxfordshire. email warouk@hotmail.co.uk
Member No
RV Type
Eurobox
Model
Frankia I8000
RV Experience
since 26.11.09.
If you watch this vid, after a couple of mins they catch up with a coach, not one of the real biggy's but at least 30' I would have throught.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiHL4-7VTkc

Ian
Reminds me of driving artic over the same type of mountain in Eastern Turkey called TAHIR Mountain in the earlt 70s, but no walls whatsoever, just straight forward drop over the side of thousands of feet:blink::blink:, and when you hit the hairpin bends it was so tight that trailer stopped and started to go backwards for a few feet, and on top of that you was traveling on 6" thick packed snow and ice, now that was scary, so if you are confident enough mate go for it, no snow, nice walls, sunshine, perfik:001_tongue::001_tongue::thumbup: Regards Garry flatpackchicken

muz

Member No
RV Type
a class
Model
fourwinds hurricane
RV Experience
30 years
bloody hell dont think so,you would need new brakes and a gearbox at the bottom.and a pair of new underpants.muz

Member No
RV Type
been sold
Model
fleetwood pace arrow now been sold.
RV Experience
from 2004
bloody hell dont think so,you would need new brakes and a gearbox at the bottom.and a pair of new underpants.muz

Nice one Muz,see you soon.:thumbup:

muz

Member No
RV Type
a class
Model
fourwinds hurricane
RV Experience
30 years
hi flatpackchicken,can think of better ways of adventure,me i am terified of hieghts,dragon same,cliff edges a no no,i would need a paramedic for my nerves before half way.makes me shiver even in my armchair,muz:

Bicester Oxfordshire. email warouk@hotmail.co.uk
Member No
RV Type
Eurobox
Model
Frankia I8000
RV Experience
since 26.11.09.
Haha Muz, well i did not like it either, s**t myself when i first went over it, but had no choice had to come back as well????, vowed never again, but work is work and had to go again, and lasted 5 years or so. got used to driving over it, but never liked it??, but what an expirence wow, grew up very quickly after that type of run, one thing i learnt, never go down a hill or mountain faster than you can go up it, and always go down mountain or hill in lowest gear possible that you dont have to use your brakes much including exhust brake if you have one, so you always have cold brakes for emergency stop, and complete the desent with cool/warm brakes. never had a problem once you know how to desend mountains and just enjoy scenery. regards garry flatpackchicken

Back