OK I need some advice for a change

S

sloberdoberbob

Normally we are on a site over Easter in France.. this year we will be on the move.. I will be heading from the South of France Northwards.. we are tossing up to leave midday on Easter Friday .. will we find everything closed up? i.e fuel ..OK I can track up using the motorways but prefer not to pay the tolls... I know tight sod... but seriously with two drivers we may push through the day/night so in some respects need the info for the Friday and Saturday... we stop on a site from Saturday in the North before we head to the vets in Amiens on the Tuesday after Easter.

Makes a chance for me to not know the answer... so whats your take on it?

Bob:thumbup:

T

Toffs-rv

Hi Bob,

I would wager that many or most fuel stations off the autoroutes are going to be closed on Good Friday and just have the use the credit card style machines which of course do not accept UK cards, one of the reasons i opened a bank account in Belgium because the account opening process is simples just need a pasport and some cash and they send you a European Maestro that can be used all over the continent in fuel machines etc.

Others may well have a diffrerent opinion but it mught be safer paying the tolls

Cheers
Gary

P

peaps

Hi Bob

I would agree with the above also adding I have just come back from spain today with a lorry,lets just say I'm glad the boss was paying not the tolls the fuel it seemed to range between 1.42---1.45 not pretty and dearer than england for deisel

Pete:thumbup:

Back