Marjal facilities

Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
Damon Daybreak 3270
RV Experience
Hi,
As we've never been to Marjal and quite a few members have, I was just wondering what facilities they have for RVs - especially the waste side of things...

Is it possible to connect/dump waste using a 3inch slinky on your pitch or are the waste dumps away from the pitch. We've been to a site in France which said they had waste connection - which was fine if you have a macerator, we couldn't connect using our 3 inch slinky.

There's 2 Marjal sites, we're looking to go to the costa Blanca site as the end of September.

Let me know what you think of the site too - always good to be informed!

Thanks

Gareth

Member No
RV Type
A Class 39ft Diesel Pusher
Model
Fleetwood Discovery 39S
RV Experience
Since Oct 2007
Gareth, BOTH Marjal sites pitches are full service, water, electric, sewage (will take 3" pipe) also cable type TV.

The one near Guardamar has a limited number of pitches that can accommodate large RV's and these tend to be continually booked by the same persons.:(

The other Marjal near Catral (14 miles from other one) has 1,500 pitches and numerous LARGE ones where they have basically made two small into one, although only 4 miles from Catral a car of some sort is required, unless you really like walking and carrying your provisions?

We are back there in Sept may see you there along with other RVOC members?

Mick

Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
Damon Daybreak 3270
RV Experience
Gareth, BOTH Marjal sites pitches are full service, water, electric, sewage (will take 3" pipe) also cable type TV.

The one near Guardamar has a limited number of pitches that can accommodate large RV's and these tend to be continually booked by the same persons.:(

The other Marjal near Catral (14 miles from other one) has 1,500 pitches and numerous LARGE ones where they have basically made two small into one, although only 4 miles from Catral a car of some sort is required, unless you really like walking and carrying your provisions?

We are back there in Sept may see you there along with other RVOC members?

Mick
That sounds like just the ticket.

I'll be hiring a car when we're on site anyway, so I'm worried about the shopping side of things.

What cable will we need to hook up to the TV or do the site provide this?

Looking forward to meeting other RV owners - we'll see you all in September!

Member No
RV Type
Model
Fleetwood Discovery 39S
RV Experience
Since Oct 2007
The post to which you plug into uses a normal TV coax cable and plugs (y)

Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
Damon Daybreak 3270
RV Experience
Thats great, I already have one on board.

We'll be travelling over the French border from Perpignan, is there any campsites in Spain you'd recommend as stopovers before Marjal?

Gareth

Member No
RV Type
Model
Fleetwood Discovery 39S
RV Experience
Since Oct 2007
Thats great, I already have one on board.

We'll be travelling over the French border from Perpignan, is there any campsites in Spain you'd recommend as stopovers before Marjal?

Gareth

Hi Gareth, we travel Portsmouth to Santander then across Spain to Marjal so cannot help you on that one but I'm sure another member can?

Mick

Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
Damon Daybreak 3270
RV Experience
Thanks Mick.

If anyone can recommend a few sites that would be great, we'll be travelling on the AP7 from Perpignan towards Marjal, if that helps.

Gareth

Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
Damon Daybreak 3270
RV Experience
Thanks Mick.

If anyone can recommend a few sites that would be great, we'll be travelling on the AP7 from Perpignan towards Marjal, if that helps.

Gareth

paul&debra

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
a class
Model
Coachmen Mirada
RV Experience
since august 2012
There's an echo on this thread.:D:D

Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
Monaco Knight
RV Experience
Gareth, If you are heading to Marjal (Catral) Might be worth you ringing them as they do get quite booked up for winter from late Sept /Oct, We will be there for the winter

As to Micks comment 4miles into Catral, he spends a lot of time going around in circles!!!! Takes 20mins to walk.

Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
Damon Daybreak 3270
RV Experience
Thanks Mike,
We're booking the pitch today, hopefully staying for 4 weeks or so.

I think we met at Parc Verger? I was on the pitch next to you in the Damon and managed to trip the fuse and stop Jen watching TV! (promise not to do it again).

It'll be good see you again in Marjal in September.

Gareth

Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
Damon Daybreak 3270
RV Experience
Is there any Aires on route you could use.
Not sure about Aires - always worried about pitch size and access to them - I've cringed at some of the Aires in France when we've gone passed them, so leaving them out of the equation at the moment.

I'd rather pay a few Euro's for a night's stopover for peace of mind and make the journey more enjoyable and less stressful!

Member No
RV Type
American A Class
Model
Fleetwood Bounder 34J
RV Experience
Not long enough
That's fine, For us at 35' have had little issues with Aires, Had more problems with campsites re access and pitch size.

But that's the way we do our travelling, Not for everyone which is good as it leaves more spaces for us.

Have a great trip and enjoy your travels. See you somewhere at some meet.

Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
Damon Daybreak 3270
RV Experience
Just made a booking enquiry for Marjal. The cost for 26th Sept - 26th Oct is €979.50 (approx €32 per night) on a Lux pitch, this seems expensive in comparison to others - is everyone else paying a similar price or are we doing something wrong here? (our ASCI card just covers comfort pitches - 90-95 sq m)

Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
Damon Daybreak 3270
RV Experience
That's fine, For us at 35' have had little issues with Aires, Had more problems with campsites re access and pitch size.

But that's the way we do our travelling, Not for everyone which is good as it leaves more spaces for us.

Have a great trip and enjoy your travels. See you somewhere at some meet.

Loving our travels, we've met so many great people.

Hopefully we'll bump into you on our travels too.

Frank550

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
C Class
Model
Gulfstream Conquest-V10 Triton
RV Experience
12 years
For a stop between Perpignan and Marjal you could use Vilanova Park, just south of Barcelona, they have some big pitches and take ASCI card, we paid 16€ for the pitch which includes leccy, wifi isn't cheap, but if you're using it as stop over that won't come into the equation. No waste or water on pitch so make sure you're watered up prior to arrival. Shower blocks are of a reasonably high standard.

Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
Damon Daybreak 3270
RV Experience
For a stop between Perpignan and Marjal you could use Vilanova Park, just south of Barcelona, they have some big pitches and take ASCI card, we paid 16€ for the pitch which includes leccy, wifi isn't cheap, but if you're using it as stop over that won't come into the equation. No waste or water on pitch so make sure you're watered up prior to arrival. Shower blocks are of a reasonably high standard.
Thanks for this, the wife stumbled across this site yesterday and is waiting for a reply to our enquiry.

Back