LarrynWin USA

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Hymer
RV Experience
Since 2005
A good flight with Virgin Atlantic on Saturday other than the muslim couple sitting directly behind us, he had a stinking cold , coughing and sneezing all the way and couldn't see his missus , had one of those furkin things on.
I listened for ticking all the way , glad when we went off and he hadn't :blink:
Arrived at Chicago Marriott about 3pm, great hotel on Michigan Ave (the magnificent mile) Our room on the 32nd floor overlooks Lake Michigan as well as some tower blocks, helluva sight night and day.
Nothing is cheap, in fact its damned expensive , a pint of beer £5, little in the way of cheap food unless you want junk.

The NATO talks took place here over the week end with many of the PMs etc including Barack Obama staying close by. As a result the traffic and police control frequently fell into chaos when limos arrived in grand procession, absolutely hilarious with police blowing whistles and waving arms :lol:
There were also protests which needed heavy policing with state and interstate forces.

Weather has been sunny with temperatures as high as 32 degs c , 90f, phew :001_cool:
Chicago is a fabulous city with much to see including a smashing waterfront to Lake Michigan with some sandy beaches.

Today, Tuesday we move on, we pick up the RV at 11am then start our trip south towards St Louis and Memphis. :001_smile:

muz

Member No
RV Type
a class
Model
fourwinds hurricane
RV Experience
30 years
usa

:001_smile:have a good time you two,hope the rv is nice safe journey,bet you get flue in the very near future,so i would get some wiskey and start taking it,medicinal ofcourse just incase.you no what i mean,all our regards.muz and dragon xx

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Hymer
RV Experience
Since 2005
:001_smile:have a good time you two,hope the rv is nice safe journey,bet you get flue in the very near future,so i would get some wiskey and start taking it,medicinal ofcourse just incase.you no what i mean,all our regards.muz and dragon xx

Thanks muz and dragon, take care both :thumbup:

Larry and Win xx

old mo

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
Low Profile "Majestic"..
Model
RV Experience
Years & Years
Bruv........... Your supposed to be on an oliday!!!!!

You spend more time on here than I do....:wink:

Take Win out to the shops.... you know she would love that... :wink::lol:

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Hymer
RV Experience
Since 2005
She's done the shops Mo, its just that the days are long with a gorgeous sunrise over the lake waking me at 0530 I can't stay in bed, must make the most of it :thumbup:

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Hymer
RV Experience
Since 2005
Just a few pictures of Chicago, the sunrise was at 530 this morning from our room overlooking Lake Michigan :001_smile::001_smile:

Attachments

• IMG_5331 copy.jpg
    IMG_5331 copy.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5385 copy.jpg
    IMG_5385 copy.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_5393 copy.jpg
    IMG_5393 copy.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 20
  • P1010410 copy.jpg
    P1010410 copy.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 20
  • P1010454 copy.jpg
    P1010454 copy.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 21
Member No
RV Type
been sold
Model
fleetwood pace arrow now been sold.
RV Experience
from 2004
Just a few pictures of Chicago, the sunrise was at 530 this morning from our room overlooking Lake Michigan :001_smile::001_smile:

LOOKING GOOD LARRY.:thumbup:

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Hymer
RV Experience
Since 2005
Hi Pete, just got Win out of bed 0700 so find a bit of breakfast ready for the off :001_smile:

ps

just seen on the news a guy jumped over Niagara falls last night and survived, funny place for a swim !

Member No
RV Type
been sold
Model
RV Experience
from 2004
Hi Pete, just got Win out of bed 0700 so find a bit of breakfast ready for the off :001_smile:

ps

just seen on the news a guy jumped over Niagara falls last night and survived, funny place for a swim !

Hope it was not Mo :lol::lol::lol:

motor roamin

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
A 2008 Fleetwood Revolution LE 40R
RV Experience

See Chicago hasn't changed still got creepy crawlers size of sky scrapers (pic 2) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have a great time both

All the best Rick

old mo

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
Low Profile "Majestic"..
Model
RV Experience
Years & Years

Looks nice Bruv....

We want more.... :thumbup:

PS............... You owe me a new "Computer".....

Just belted $hit out of mine... there`s a bloody fly on the second photo... :sad::wink::lol:

Member No
RV Type
been sold
Model
RV Experience
from 2004
Looks nice Bruv....

Just belted $hit out of mine... there`s a bloody fly on the second photo... :sad::wink::lol:

JUST TELL HIM,FOB,LARRY :lol::lol:

BrianJoJosh

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
A-CLASS
Model
Niesmann Bishchoff Arto 88EK
RV Experience
USA

Hi there larry and win great to see your having a good time,hope the RV journey is good for you.just enjoy yourselves,you deserve it:thumbup:
best wishes to you both,brian jo and josh

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Hymer
RV Experience
Since 2005
See Chicago hasn't changed still got creepy crawlers size of sky scrapers (pic 2) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have a great time both

All the best Rick

Rick and Rosie you have a great time too and safe journey

Larry and Win

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Hymer
RV Experience
Since 2005
Looks nice Bruv....

Sorry about that Mo coulda bin a virus :lol:

Sorry about that Mo coulda bin a virus :lol:

Dixie

Subscriber- RV Trader
Member No
RV Type
5th Wheel
Model
2016 Big Country 3910FLP & Ford F350
RV Experience
Glad you're having a great time, pics look great.:001_smile:

See you both soon, have a fab roadtrip!:thumbup:

Jayne :biggrin::biggrin:
x

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Hymer
RV Experience
Since 2005
OK we are back on line :001_cool:
Drove from north of St Louis ,through the centre of the city as you do, couldn't find the RV parking but did see many of the sights but afraid no piccies as my navigator/photographer (no names mentioned) was working to rule :mad:
Continued another 300 miles south to Memphis and am now parked up on the Graceland RV park.
On the journey south along a rather boring Interstate 55 we saw some dust storms which almost blotted out visibility and the most exciting paddy fields and the corn being arvested :001_tongue: OK that was bloody boring.
Now the interesting stuff, took pictures of the wonderfully adorned Cruise America RV and will soon be selling this fabulous artwork to UK RVers with special discounts to RVOC members :001_tongue:
These are said to cover anything including faded stripes and also attempts to cover them at no extra cost :biggrin:
Also recommended for tarting up c class RVs prior to selling, with special designs for Fleetwood Pace Arrow , Allegro Bus and other 40ft models. There are special full body transfers for all Winnebago models and to end, smaller transfers will be available for placing on your favourite BBQ , George Foremans new and secondhand a specialty :party2:
Will post again after our river boat trip tomorrow and a tour of Graceland.
Will post pictures or beautiful artwork when internet increases from snail pace.
Have a good day y'all :lol::lol:

Larry and Win

Last edited:

Back