help driving down through France please.

S

simon+claire

I know we are crazy but we are wanting to get to Paris as we want to take the children to Disneyland before we get to our warmer destination. I cannot find any sites nearby that are open all year. I am also anxious that there won't be any rv friendly sites on the way through if we want to stop. We are then planning to go to the south of spain and i feel anxious (and want to feel safe) about staying on the toll roads this time of year. Would it be better to forget disney and go plymouth to Roscoff and head down thru portugal. Any ideas and tips would be much appreciated. We have only been in this van for a couple of weeks so not yet experienced with European travel. Many thanks for reading claire . x

Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
previously georgie boy cruismaster royale ,h/r vactioner ,current monaco cayman
RV Experience
about 10 yrs
NO your not crazy dont not take the kiddies to disneyland paris you must go theyll have a ball ,i have on previous threads over the years said on posts that you probablly wont find an easier place to get into .Put disney in your tom tom and away you go about 4 hrs from dover drive upto the main entrance hand over 13eros per night and the worlds your lobster You can fill up with water and there is a dump, in the m/home area there are showers and toilet block .You can eat and drink in the bars w/out having to pay to go in but i would take all your provisions with you milk bread etc you cant buy anything that hasnt got a mouse stamped on it and hes an expensive little critter although you can get milk from the esso garage near by,this is not a campsite it is a m/h car park loads of tarmac and lots of space and as safe as your ever gonna get I ran a small rally down to there a few years ago. On the next leg of your journey you wont find a much better place than parc verger made for rvs in a small village with one bar/restaraunt see there w/site it will take youabout 8hrs maybe more depending on how you drive hope thats helpfull enough for you to get started let me know if i can be of anymore help

S

simon+claire

thanku

thanku, feeling a little more confident now there are facilities. any ideas of campsites (for 38ft) a bit less than 8 hours away would be great but will pop in the campsite you recommended. Thanks claire x

Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
RV Experience
about 10 yrs
Alot depends on how much time youve got i cant think of one shorter at this moment but sombody else might come along soon if you need another one after that theres one in narbonne not to far from the spanish border .How long are you going for and are you going right down the bottom of spain what month?

S

simon+claire

no time limit

We are going for about 4 months and hope to reach alicante and beyond. Will take advice from you guys on this site as to where would be a great place to settle. We have 3 children ages from 5 - 12 so i want something child friendly and close to beaches. We like to go to different sites but think a month in one good one would be the best thing to adjust. We have no real plan but, as i said, disney would be a great start. Thanks for all your advice, claire x

Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
RV Experience
about 10 yrs
finding the sites you want to stay at will depend on the time of travelling april ,may ,june 1st week in july 4th week in august and all of september shouldnt cause you to much of a problem

Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
RV Experience
about 10 yrs
Oh and dont forget the toll fees not cheap

S

simon+claire

time travel

will be travelling in the next 2 wks to Paris. Heard the aires might be an option but our vehicle is 38ft long plus a car being towed. Think i will post on here when we leave disney to see the nearest site.thanks again 4 all your help. claire x

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Hymer B644
RV Experience
lost count
I know we are crazy but we are wanting to get to Paris as we want to take the children to Disneyland before we get to our warmer destination. I cannot find any sites nearby that are open all year. I am also anxious that there won't be any rv friendly sites on the way through if we want to stop. We are then planning to go to the south of spain and i feel anxious (and want to feel safe) about staying on the toll roads this time of year. Would it be better to forget disney and go plymouth to Roscoff and head down thru portugal. Any ideas and tips would be much appreciated. We have only been in this van for a couple of weeks so not yet experienced with European travel. Many thanks for reading claire . x

Hi

we did the exact same trip in Jan 08.

Calais to Euro Disney is an easy drive, we stayed on the Disney motorhome car park for two nights then drove down to Parc Vergrer , excellent RV site run by Bob and wife Di, http://www.parcverger.com/

Stayed there a week then drove down to Mimizan Plage , another easy drive, excellent large aire by the beach, tons of space for RVS..

Strayed there a few weeks then down to Capbreton.. another large aire by the beach. Stayed there for a few weeks then on down to Portugal ..

There are few aires in Spain, we usually come off the auto route and find a truck stop cafe, buy a meal then ask the owner if it's ok and safe to stop the night..

check our Google map of aires and sites for RVs with GPS locations.. for all including Euro Disney http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=115843103054280433491.00045c1ab0c50bf957c9d&ll=45.151053,-2.988281&spn=13.946456,40.429688&t=h&z=5

If you need any more help / advice let me know

jim

Edit

Just done our route on Google

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=115843103054280433491.00047dc292b0a9717a6a2&ll=46.437857,-1.098633&spn=13.631116,40.429688&z=5

Last edited:
M

MW and LJ

Campsite in france

Hi

We can also highly recommend Parc Verger as mentioned in the above post, you will have your every need catered for and you will receive a warm and friendly welcome by Bob and Di, its an excellent place to stay for any length of time anytime your traveling through France.

Good luck with your adventures.

M and L

Back