Harbury Fields C.C Affiliated (Warwickshire)

Member No
RV Type
Fifth Wheel - KountryLite 26RL
RV Experience
First, let me say outiright, this is NOT a campsite slagging off thread and should be taken merely as a GENTLE warning to RVers.

ffiona booked this site for the weekend over the phone, as we ALWAYS do for weeeknds away as even tho' at 27ft, we are a short 5ver by American standards, we're still not exactly a panel van conversion!:001_cool:

Reception on phone - VERY nice, VERY friendly and a huge dose of "dont worry, we've had LOTS of LARGE RV's before."

Great, we think, nice weekend ahead on a site that understands RV's. That feeling is reinforced when we turn into a large, easy entrance with a sign showing an American 4x4 and travel trailer (not British caraavan).

Lovelly site, good showers but extrememly limited pitch availablity for RV's.

We were offered ONE pitch at the side of the site, boxed in on two sides by a huge wooden fence which I said was totally unacceptable. I'm here to see the scenery, not study the grain in a wooden fence!

Found ourselves a suitable pitch (pitch No 26) with a cracking view which is only let down by the somewhat bland scenery!:001_rolleyes:

So, a GENTLE warning, if you have an RV, of any Class, over 27ft, this site is unfortunately not suitable in my opinion, no matter what they tell you on the phone. We were extremely lucky to find a suitable pitch as it's busy, even at this time of year.

Back