Great site in italian dolomites

Member No
RV Type
Monaco safari trek
Model
Monaco Safari Trek
RV Experience
18 months and loving it!
Just got back from a week skiing and found a fabulous site in Canazei for winter and summer hols. Spoke to the owners who are lovely and showed us round. Wide, flat, hardstanding with EHU on all pitches if you want it. Toilets spotless and really warm. Views of the mountains. 2 mins walk into town with good restaurants, bars, supermarkets, etc. Good bus routes. Closes for a month in April but otherwise open all year and no booking required due to the size of the site. Gondolas open for skiing in the winter and walking in summer. Skiing fantastic as over 1200 km of slopes with guaranteed snow due to snow making facilities. I cross country ski and had more trails than anywhere I have ever visited. We will definitely revisit for skiing and summer sun. Www.campingmarmolada.com20160203_145839.jpg20160204_130910.jpg20160131_121621.jpg20160131_112546.jpg20160131_112556.jpg20160130_082820.jpg

Member No
RV Type
Monaco safari trek
Model
Monaco Safari Trek
RV Experience
18 months and loving it!
The road up is great and kept clear of snow due to coaches, etc constantly using it. @Arthur The last photo is taken from the airplane as we flew there and stayed in a chalet and found the site whilst we were there but we will be going back with the RV either for a longer stay and ski or whilst touring Italy. Canazei is about 2 and a half hours from Verona on great roads.

Olley

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
A
Model
Winnebago Brave 31'
RV Experience
Just had a google, huge ski area, one day maybe. :)
Just had a look in "All the Aires Mountains" and its not listed as suitable for large motorhomes, which it clearly is. Always thought you have to treat these books with a little bit of scepticism.

Ian

Member No
RV Type
Monaco safari trek
Model
Monaco Safari Trek
RV Experience
18 months and loving it!
Just had a google, huge ski area, one day maybe. :)
Just had a look in "All the Aires Mountains" and its not listed as suitable for large motorhomes, which it clearly is. Always thought you have to treat these books with a little bit of scepticism.

Ian

Not only suitable but very welcome too. The ski area is enormous and really good.

jayandjen

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
a class
Model
thor ace 29.3
RV Experience
1 week
We stayed at this place
www.campingvidor.it

Amazing setting , we stayed in the summer. Up to 32 feet i guess due to pitch sizes but on the approach to the campsites a big open space people use for parking etc . Owners . lovely family... was our favourite setting on our europeon travels..mind you so was everywhere we went !

Olley

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
A
Model
Winnebago Brave 31'
RV Experience
Hi Alan and Loren do you mind if I add the site to motorhomeski?

Ian

Back