Camp sites BAH

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Damon Daybreak 3270
RV Experience
5 happy years Picking up Bits
last week booked all 8 campsites got 3 week hols starting in somerset up through wales and back down to devon via somerset. Today tried to book a campsite anywhere close to kent for long w/end. Bloody campsite answer phones is all I get with no return calls. Tried to book an RV pitch on line that said yes we have Rv super pitches so went through the procees only to be told yes we have these dates .. butthat if over 8 metres please phone. Guess what? Answerphone with no return call..how can you run a business with nobody in the booking office?:mad::mad::mad::mad::swear::swear::swear::swear:

Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
Four winds Infinity
RV Experience
I had the same whilst at Jaywick oops I mean Croft farm water park.I was trying to book to get the bell out of there and everywhere I called got the answerphone.:mad::mad:

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Damon Daybreak 3270
RV Experience
its complacence like that that can ruin a business. Too much of it the UK:cry::cry::cry: and probably is

Dodgey

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
B class
Model
Intervec Falcon 190 on a Ford E250
RV Experience
Since 2005
What time did you ring?

Working in this 'game' it does get infuriating the times people ring thinking all we do is sit abouts 24/7 drinking tea awaiting your call, seriously, sites are tpically on a bare minimum, or less, staffing level already plus all the other stuff we have to do, you know, ground work, bog cleaning, bog unblocking, how difficult is it to flush a loo, or keep YOUR darling childeren from stuffing all the bog roll down it:)
Then there's the my pegs wont go in, you tell people till your blue in the face rock pegs required, do they listen, do they hell. Tripped electric, 'sir, your kettle, domestic 3kw, obviously has issues, it's all burnt round the connector', no it's not it's fine :oops: What about, mymheater doesn't work, water doesn't work, tv doesn't work so can we borrow a dvd, folks you wouldn't believe some of what we deal with, mind you it's still way more fun than a proper job:)

That said, if you've left a message, even at 10 bloody PM, we still politely call back the following morning.

Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
Coachmen Mirada 32'
RV Experience
10+ in Caravans, 5th wheels and now A class
Your still enjoying it then Si, seems ages since we saw you

dj motormouth

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Winnebago Brave 33' 2002
RV Experience
Full-Timing since April 2012
Si - are you still wardens with the Camping and Caravan Club or are you with independents?

Michael

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Damon Daybreak 3270
RV Experience
Yes even answer saying we will be back at 2 or something o clock ring back then would be helpful

Back