Where to source new sofa

dj motormouth

Subscriber
The wife has decided that it is time to replace the sofa. The springs are broken and the fabric is knackered so SWMBO has spoken.
I have considered rebuilding it but it is not an option as we are full-time and staying put in the next few months due to work. Has anyone replaced their's with a "domestic" sofa and where from? The problem with most seems to be arms that are so wide there is hardly any seating left and as Joy lounges across it to watch tv that is a major consideration. Any advice would be great. Thanks

RV Neal

Subscriber
I was considering an interior re-alignment with our previous RV (Holiday Rambler Arista). Freed the sofa bed from it's fixings only to discover there is no way it would go out the door!!!. So, I re-fitted it and then, 3 months later, I decided to down-size on a whim! Problem solved!

RRV

Subscriber
We bought a sofa bed from DFs fits a treat

I had 2 spare sofas that I took out of my rv - gave them to James at empire rv in the end - he may still have them if you want to check with him

Concord Pilot

Subscriber
we had a sofa built to measure at careavan in rubery birmingham parked in their yard
Ime another endorsement for CareAvan - speak with George and you will have a quality sofa made to measure in your choice of covering. As Adventura says - you can park in their yard overnight with EHU if necessary while they strip and refit.

dj motormouth

Subscriber
we had a sofa built to measure at careavan in rubery birmingham parked in their yard
As a very rough idea what sort of money should I be looking at. I like the idea of built to measure as I think a off the shelf sofa is going to always look like that unless I am very lucky