Where to Pitch in the UK? (travels over, back to reality)

ShaunLoughlin

Currently on the home stretch after 18 months on the road, just on the way back from Norway. We've decided we can't go back to bricks and mortar, but for work and family reasons we need to go and spend a couple of years at home.

We want to keep living in our fifth wheel, partly because we love it, partly because the idea of giving up on travelling completely makes me depressed and partly because I still have finance to pay on it :rofl:

For those who full time back in the UK; where do you pitch? Struggling to find a site around the Bristol area that'll allow us to stay longer than a month or two. I need to be within a commutable distance so I can spend 2-3 days a week in the office.

stunette

Subscriber
Might be too far away for you, but there is a permanent site near Tiverton junction on the M5 where Martin & Dee stay..

When we still had our 39ft RV we gave up trying to find either Caravan Club or Camping & Caravanning Club sites that would allow us on, we came to rely on Caravan Club CL's ( Certified Locations) and occasionally a C&CC CS ( Certified Site)

tacr2man

Subscriber
I hear that some find two or three suitable sites in an area and then move every so often to not become liable to Council tax or fall foul of max time limits

I hear that some find two or three suitable sites in an area and then move every so often to not become liable to Council tax or fall foul of max time limits

The 'Clubs' maximum stay time is 21 days, CC or C&CC CL or CS maximum stay time 28 days.

Once on a site in an area that we wished to stay for some time ( months) I looked up the nearby locations of any CL's or CS's and would then visit them in the car, why? Well first not all site owners or managers are happy to have a LARGE RV on their site and second some owners ( and this did happen) were happy to accept you but after checking out the site I decided that it wasn't suitable being either to small, impossible to get on or to soft to take a plus 12 ton RV.

Gordven

Check out West Country Parks. Head office at Edithmead Caravan Park at Burnham on sea. They will take RV ‘s and they do 11 month contracts - we just left them after 18 months on a park at Berrow.