What's my address?

Preacher man

Hi we are hoping to buy an RV in the next year or so, and go full time when we retire. We plan to travel in Europe not stay in one place for any great length of time. How do you deal with post, and the inevitable questions about your address when dealing with insurance, passports, pensions, etc? We will not have bricks and mortar anywhere.

shovelheadrob

Subscriber
Do you have a family member who's address you could use? Some people use mailing addresses but I don't think the DVLA etc are happy with it, someone with more experience / knowledge will be along shortly.

JohnC

Subscriber
We have full timed for the past 30 odd years in boats motorhomes and caravans.
We have always used a family member as address and have never had any issues.
Mail forwarding companies are around but you need to pick carefully.
The boating community use these far more than people on land users and may be a better source of information.
Personally I think this issue is really a non issue when you get into it. Much more frightening from the outside looking in.

Preacher man

We have full timed for the past 30 odd years in boats motorhomes and caravans.
We have always used a family member as address and have never had any issues.
Mail forwarding companies are around but you need to pick carefully.
The boating community use these far more than people on land users and may be a better source of information.
Personally I think this issue is really a non issue when you get into it. Much more frightening from the outside looking in.
Thanks that's very reassuring

paul&debra

Subscriber
If you can use sons address it would be best. You can also then register at his doctors in case you need repeat prescriptions. He can then collect them for you and post on. Only thing you need to be careful about, is if the relation you are using has any benefits. As other people "living there " could cause a problem.

Friends of ours have recently sold their house and plan to spend several months of the year out in Spain and use a relatives address, however some companies ( NOT THEIR BANK ) are requestion history such as utility bills for several months of the address they wish to use, have things recently changed, we were able to change address on line and only a couple required a written snail mail letter?

shovelheadrob

Subscriber
Friends of ours have recently sold their house and plan to spend several months of the year out in Spain and use a relatives address, however some companies ( NOT THEIR BANK ) are requestion history such as utility bills for several months of the address they wish to use, have things recently changed, we were able to change address on line and only a couple required a written snail mail letter?

The only utility bill I've had in years is for my mobile phone contract, all the rest are in Linda's name & with going paperless for banking I don't even have bank statements, if I print them off it doesn't show my address though.
Not been a problem yet but it might be soon!

Landy Lover

Subscriber
This is becoming more and more an issue even motor insurance documents are sent electronically so you never actually have the original. Bit like how do you prove you own a vehicle ? Most would offer the V5 but now it has not proof of ownership on it !!

LordElpus

It will end up being on the electoral roll in the end. that will be the only proof of residency.
You may be right. Boatmail.co.uk say the address they provide you with for your mail can be also used for voter registration as well as other things like vehicle registration etc.