Welsh Wales

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Damon Daybreak 3270
RV Experience
5 happy years Picking up Bits
Hi Pirates, I'm planning a trip in summer with grandkids to welsh wales, picking them up in somerset and off to Cardiff then Brecon then Transwydydr (sp.) then not sure where after that any ideas? 15 yr old girl and 13 yr old boy they need to be entertained so will hire a car wherever we go Harlech castle etc.

Member No
RV Type
a class
Model
Georgieboy
RV Experience
Hi Pirates, I'm planning a trip in summer with grandkids to welsh wales, picking them up in somerset and off to Cardiff then Brecon then Transwydydr (sp.) then not sure where after that any ideas? 15 yr old girl and 13 yr old boy they need to be entertained so will hire a car wherever we go Harlech castle etc.
Hi
I lived in Harlech for many years until moving to Swansea, my family still there so visit a lot.
It is a lovely area the beach is one of the best, the castle is nice for a few hours out ,I think you mean Trawfynydd? not a lot there for you to do, there is Portmerion Italian village just outside Porthmadog, (filmed the prisoner there) There is the slate caverns in Blaenau Ffestiniog, picturesque places like Beddgelert and Betwys y coed, also there is Snowdon you can walk up or get a train to the top good view if the weather is fine, also Electric mountain in that area, an hour and a quarter you can get to LLnadudno, (where I also use to live) a lot more to do there, ski slope, toboggan, cable cars,prom, shops restaurants etc. In the opposite direction you have Barmouth (not one of my favourite places) has a small fair and prom not much else really. few places there for you to have a look at, if want any more info just ask :)
There are a few camp sites in Harlech to.

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Beaver Monterey 33'
RV Experience
since 2013
Bit to go on there from Leighton Bill, I'll have a think about around our way and what's to do and see for you, up the coast nearer Harlech there is Shell Island http://www.shellisland.co.uk/ which is relaxing but no generators or EHU there's a bar and little shop etc there though, no set pitches just arrive, book on and drive around and pitch up where ever you like so long as you keep a set distance from any neighbors (y)(y)
For them that say it rains here.......don't listen to them that's just a myth ;);):rofl::rofl:

Back