Well we have done it!

Im 70 in december been working since i was 15
i get a guilty concience if i take a day or 2 off
never asked anybody to do something i wouldnt do myself
would just love to jump in the bus and ride of in to the sunset till i got fed up
but my concience just wouldnt let me do that so it looks like im doomed to come to work for a wee while longer with a few days of every now and again people say im selfish by not letting go ,me, i think im just stupid for staying here truth is im just to frightened i miss something
im 1st in in the morning and last out at night :think::think::think:

paul&debra

Subscriber
would just love to jump in the bus and ride of in to the sunset till i got fed up
but my concience just wouldnt let me do that so it looks like im doomed to come to work for a wee while longer with a few days of every now and again people say im selfish by not letting go ,me, i think im just stupid for staying here truth is im just to frightened i miss something
Your a long time dead. :banghead::banghead:

motor roamin

Subscriber

SNAP.........must be a curse

Paul Michael

Subscriber
Well, I worked from the age of 15 to 61 and I had a little health scare at 61. Although i am ok, it frightened me and I Locked the door and walked away.

After 42 years of owning and running my own company, it was hard to walk away but i did it!!!

Now, almost 2 years later, I can honestly say it was the best thing I have ever done!

So, my advice is "DO IT NOW"

How long have you got left?

Read Daybreaker's comment above!!

(y)(y)(y)

tonypennycj

Subscriber
About 30 years ago a dear friend of mine sold his business at the age of 68 for £4.25m cash. He lived just under 6 months in "retirement".

Reactions: RRV

sundowner

Subscriber
We decided to retire when my brother died suddenly at 61 ----- I was 60 and it was a big wake-up for us------- not worked since and now feeling like we are running out of steam so slowing down (even more)-------- we are spending more and more time on our little piece of heaven in Portugal----- finding plenty to keep us occupied from tending our grape vines( and making red wine) to spending (too much time??) in the local villages relaxing and drinking coffee----- I am now over 70 and just wish that we could have stopped work earlier!!!!!
JUST DO IT WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!
Last week we lost a close friend who was planning to do what we are doing----- he left it too late!!!!!!!