Well we have done it!

Preacher man

We are now officially retiring, I gave my notice in last week and I finish on the 31st August this year (2019). Its earlier than we thought but circumstances have changed. We will be traveling full time in 'Grace' our 2007 Winnebago Siteseer. First couple of months booked in Devon not far from where we live now for us to settle in. Downsizing has begun, from 4 bed house with 38 years of stuff gathered to a one bed flat on wheels is quite a jump.

Preacher man

Good luck in your future plans .. If you could keep some kind of Bricks and Mortar would be a bonus as you never know what's around the corner.
Unfortunately our bricks and mortar went 23 years ago and we have been in tied accommodation since then so no back up except a sofa at my Sons. We had a choice, go for renting a place and being stuck in one place without the means to travel as much as we want, or risk it all and full time. We know its got risks lots of what ifs but we have never shied away from stepping out in faith.

Preacher man

Good luck and enjoy the road ahead have not regretted a day in over 2 years, have stayed for a week since in 4 walls and hated it so not for me again thank you.
Live for now as who knows what will happen tomorrow!
Amen to that and thanks for the encouragement

RRV

Subscriber
Well done - and it looks like we might have beaten you :rofl::rofl::rofl: we’re going next week.

House Is nearly clear - all the kids are happy with our old - there new furniture - everything else went in the skip :clap:

Rv is unfortunately still in the spray shop due to his compressor breaking down but we should have it back by the end of the week.

We’re planning 4-5 weeks in Sibbertoft (where are container is) then if Lyndon tops still open! We’ll go there and then in November we’re off to Spain or Portugal

And I think the plan is in 2020 go a little further afield - Eastern Europe or Scandinavia- who knows what we’ll do but we’ll have fun trying.

And it’s a bit like having a baby - there’s never a perfect time for having a baby you just do it :whew::whew::whew::whew::whew: so Good luck to you both xx

Preacher man

Well done - and it looks like we might have beaten you :rofl::rofl::rofl: we’re going next week.

House Is nearly clear - all the kids are happy with our old - there new furniture - everything else went in the skip :clap:

Rv is unfortunately still in the spray shop due to his compressor breaking down but we should have it back by the end of the week.

We’re planning 4-5 weeks in Sibbertoft (where are container is) then if Lyndon tops still open! We’ll go there and then in November we’re off to Spain or Portugal

And I think the plan is in 2020 go a little further afield - Eastern Europe or Scandinavia- who knows what we’ll do but we’ll have fun trying.

And it’s a bit like having a baby - there’s never a perfect time for having a baby you just do it :whew::whew::whew::whew::whew: so Good luck to you both xx
Sounds good. We don't plan on storing anything if it isn't needed in the RV its going, to our Son and daughter-in-Law, for sale, to charity or dump only 144 days to go.
Have a great summer.

Preacher man

Good luck we are discussing doing similar my life must alter or I will be stuck at work till I die........not what I need or want to do.
That's where we had got to; looked ahead and saw that we would not be better off in retirement by much if I continued until I was 68. We will be living on a strict budget but we will be free to live and explore while we still have our faculties (well most of them!)

Preacher man

Depending on what occurs next Friday, but Portugal is a lot cheaper than the UK, food is good and weather is definitely warmer.
Yes, we will have to sort out insurance at the moment I have only insured for UK as we didn't intend to finish work until next June 2020. We probably will head for Portugal or Spain in January, as the MOT is due then. Though we might decide to get it done earlier and go in December. Decisions Decisions :rofl::rofl:

motor roamin

Subscriber
That's where we had got to; looked ahead and saw that we would not be better off in retirement by much if I continued until I was 68. We will be living on a strict budget but we will be free to live and explore while we still have our faculties (well most of them!)

I am already 68 and for me it's not the money, I am so used to working and employing people that I am possibly trying to fool myself into carrying on, I did retire over 20 years ago and just played buying and selling vintage and prestige cars, but I got board and went back to work full time, now employing 10 people again it's difficult to walk away or sell it to some fool who doesn't care, though for sure something must alter during this year ready for next just what I have no idea, answers on a post card please.