Water not coming through taps

For some reason my water is not coming through my taps. The pump is working ok.

• Water not coming through taps

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water not coming through taps

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

shovelheadrob

Subscriber
If there's no water at any taps, then the problem will be with the pump, of its only at one tap, then the issue is with the tap.
Can you hear the pump?
Are you on city water?

sundowner

Subscriber
Could be an airlock in the pipes----- I normally clear this by turning all taps off with pump running------ leave like this for a few minutes--------open one tap a little, did you hear any hiss???----- close tap again----- leave for a few more minutes, then open a tap a little again-------- with a bit of luck you have water?????----- if so close that tap and open one other, repeat on all taps etc--------- if this works ok, treat yourself to a coffee/beer-------- if not have a coffee/beer and think about it for a while!!!!!!.
If no good
I would then remove the outlet pipe from the pump and check it is chucking out water???????
If no good
Check the filters before the pump and that the pump is not sucking in air
If no good
Have another coffee/beer!!!!!! And post on RVOC again!!!!!!

Jimbost

Not sure this will help. I had a problem of very little water (drips) coming through the taps, the filter/aerators that screwed onto the tap nozzles were completely blocked. I had flushed out the water system before winter and this must have disturbed sediment in the boiler. Easy to check just unscrew nozzle and allow the water to flow. Going to flush out the hot water system again via the boiler drain when it warms up a bit,

Merv-IOM

Subscriber
It might be a broken non return valve. There could be one located on your city water inlet to stop water escaping back down your hosepipe (water will take the easiest route). There should also be two on the inlet & outlet pipes to your hot water tank too. The one on the inlet to the tank (cold feed) prevents the water coming back out when hot and under pressure. The one on the outlet pipe (hot side, to taps etc) prevents cold water going back down into the HWT. The only way I've found to discover whether they're broken or not is to take them out and check (on mine the one on the inlet pipe is near the HWT and the one on the outlet pipe is up near (behind) the city/normal/winterize/bypass valves.

Could be an airlock in the pipes----- I normally clear this by turning all taps off with pump running------ leave like this for a few minutes--------open one tap a little, did you hear any hiss???----- close tap again----- leave for a few more minutes, then open a tap a little again-------- with a bit of luck you have water?????----- if so close that tap and open one other, repeat on all taps etc--------- if this works ok, treat yourself to a coffee/beer-------- if not have a coffee/beer and think about it for a while!!!!!!.
If no good
I would then remove the outlet pipe from the pump and check it is chucking out water???????
If no good
Check the filters before the pump and that the pump is not sucking in air
If no good
Have another coffee/beer!!!!!! And post on RVOC again!!!!!!
I will try this thanks

Jimbo99

If you are on city water I mean hose connected to mains you don't need the pump just open all your taps and stand back rv valve must be in city water position
You get a lot more pressure going through than a pump
Jimbo