Wanted RV (just in case anyone is thinking of selling)

Jev88

Subscriber
After much reading on MHFun and here I think I have narrowed what we want down a bit and looking forward to Peterborough show Friday to come and have a wander around and a chat with you lovely people.
- Budget? £15 to £20K due to recent house purchase!
- Slide outs - Yes at least one, internal space is what first blew me away.
- LPG petrol seems the best fuel option (even though some cheaper diesel pushers have caught my eye too).
- Size? My current storage draws the line at 25 feet (our current Coach built) but another site local can accept one more unit at 33 feet and another site will accept 36 feet but charge double (£700 annual). Okay so RV's are 'generally' bigger than we are used to and perhaps I am worrying unnecessarily about length?
- Towbar, yes for our TOAD and maybe a scooter in future as I plan my CBT soon too.
- Self leveling jack's. Very desirable but it seems not a deal breaker to most on here?
- Have I missed any obvious other must haves?

Thanks for reading and any advice.

Popty

Subscriber
Hi jev88, just replied to your message on the post "bought one" good luck with your search, we sold our moho and toad way back this year (we needed more space).
We have been looking for months now for an rv or fifth wheeler, even with our budget of 30k, we can't find the right RV (yet) there is a lot of poor stuff out there, l always take my damp meter to check when we go to look at anything, that one in Derby was showing over 28% damp in places, our moho never showed over 6% and it was 17 years old, so best of luck with your search, don't rush, it's a big investment

Jev88

Subscriber
Hi jev88, just replied to your message on the post "bought one" good luck with your search, we sold our moho and toad way back this year (we needed more space).
We have been looking for months now for an rv or fifth wheeler, even with our budget of 30k, we can't find the right RV (yet) there is a lot of poor stuff out there, l always take my damp meter to check when we go to look at anything, that one in Derby was showing over 28% damp in places, our moho never showed over 6% and it was 17 years old, so best of luck with your search, don't rush, it's a big investment
A few I stumbled across here - https://www.uk5thwheels.co.uk/american-5th-wheel-trailers-sale-uk
Just in case you havent seen them.