Update to Norcold Refrigerator problems (oct 28 post)

Dundiving

Subscriber
Hi everybody, and thanks for your input....Found a new (generic) ignotor/control PC Board in the extensive box of spares that came with the RV, decided to try it and when I was disconnecting the PCB 'edge' connector from the old PC Board i noticed that there was heavy corrosion on one of the connector 'Fingers and when i tried to rub it gently with some wd40, the solder just crumbled away ! Fitted new board to the unit and 'hey-presto' fridge now working !
Hence the Intermittent working/failing of the unit

Rig7941

Subscriber
Hi everybody, and thanks for your input....Found a new (generic) ignotor/control PC Board in the extensive box of spares that came with the RV, decided to try it and when I was disconnecting the PCB 'edge' connector from the old PC Board i noticed that there was heavy corrosion on one of the connector 'Fingers and when i tried to rub it gently with some wd40, the solder just crumbled away ! Fitted new board to the unit and 'hey-presto' fridge now working !
Hence the Intermittent working/failing of the unit
thers a company could omnitec who repair this sort of thing

misterduffy

Repaired the Norcold in my '85 Winnebago from not working at all, so if you need any further help I know them inside out. The control board appears to be compatible with the boards used on Dometic and Suburban furnaces / water heaters, by the way. I'm in the process of reverse-engineering the control board to make inexpensive clones of them, as they cost £150-£200 new these days.