UK to Italy - Your Route Suggestions

R

RVUSA

Hi All

Trying to get away for around three to three and a half weeks late May and travel down to Italy, back into southern France, then home.

So do any of you have any route suggestions and stop off suggestions for the trip down to Italy?

Would you go through Germany and then the alps as a change to France?

If the alps, then what's the score with tolls/ vignette/ go boxes?

Just really thinking about alternatives to France as will be coming back that way.

Oh, will have a 4 year old with us so child friendly suggestions will help.

Thanks

T

Toffs-rv

Hi

Last year we went down through Germany were on way to italy but dad died just before we got into Austria so had to head back but a good route is to head to Fussen great campsite over looking the german side of Tirol called camping Hopfensee en route to there we stopped at an ACSI site in Hemsbach nicely located nextro a municipal park and lake can't give you anymore info beyond Fussen as I say we had to head back but it was a nice route down we were on way to lake Garda

Hope this helps
Cheers
Gary

F

furkin2000

italy route

we went down to rome 2 years ago and went through switzerland and saved a lot on the tolls finished up in rome had a great time but it took 6 weeks in all
theres a great site right in luzern right by the lake if you have the time the do a great trip on a paddle steamer the up the mountain on there railway and then down again on a cable car its a brillint day if you get the chance.
hope it helps cheers steve and donna

Olley

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
A
Model
Winnebago Brave 31'
RV Experience
Hi we went, Calais in to Belgium then Luxembourg, no tolls this way until you go back into France at Metz, cross into Switzerland at Basel, pay your HGV tax, (around £30 for 14 days I think) Then straight through to Milan. Didn't use campsites, just stopped one night on a M/Way aire.

I

iluvmyrv

Hi.What part of Italy are you planning on visiting?My Dad,Sister and Family have lived in Italy for 20+ years and up until 3 years ago (Hubby now has terminal cancer) we toured Europe and ended up in Italy for a few weeks every year.They live in Lignano Sabbiadoro (Northern Italy) and can recommend Campsites in the area including Venice. :thumbup:Lignano is a great place,quite upmarket,beautiful beach and a lovely place for families!:001_cool:

Back