Trying to find a place in Brugge to put down for a couple of nights

Gareth62

Subscriber
I thought I had found a place next to the water and sounded okay for short stopover, looking it up on google the motor home part looks a bit small for RVs but there is a big 24hr bus/coach park next to it.

Could we camp here?
Have you any better suggestions ?

www.google.com/maps/

jayandjen

Subscriber
I thought I had found a place next to the water and sounded okay for short stopover, looking it up on google the motor home part looks a bit small for RVs but there is a big 24hr bus/coach park next to it.

Could we camp here?

www.google.com/maps/
You can park here
I think its 15euros per 24 hours.
You need to stay in the coach park you wont fit in the motorhome aire.
But the coach park tends to have as many motorhomes as coaches.

paul&debra

Subscriber
We have stayed in both in our 33ft RV. But to stay in the Aire you really need the first one of two spots on the right as you go in. The rear overhang will go over the grass. But have also stayed in Coach park. Take a ticket and pay before you leave at ticket machine by the offices.

RV Neal

Subscriber
We stayed at Camping Memling when we visited Brugges this year. A short bus ride into the city. It can accommodate a few larger RVs but I don't know if it's open this time of year?

Gareth62

Subscriber
We stayed at Camping Memling when we visited Brugges this year. A short bus ride into the city. It can accommodate a few larger RVs but I don't know if it's open this time of year?
LOL :giggle: No we are looking for August 2020

This was our second choice, or I should say second one we found.
We booked it last night.

Gareth62

Subscriber
You can park here
I think its 15euros per 24 hours.
You need to stay in the coach park you wont fit in the motorhome aire.
But the coach park tends to have as many motorhomes as coaches.
Thought it would be okay just wanted to ask if anyone have parked in the coach park thanks for replying.

RV Neal

Subscriber
LOL :giggle: No we are looking for August 2020

This was our second choice, or I should say second one we found.
We booked it last night.
We have stayed at Camping Memling - very nice place.
Camping Memling have a (relatively) new facilities block now in full use. It's a very quiet site nestled in amongst houses and it has a dump point. The largest pitches seem to be on the right hand side just inside the entrance barrier.

Arthur

Subscriber

Could we camp here?

www.google.com/maps/
Hi
We stayed at the Aire opposite the Coach park on The RVOC jaunt to Venice the other year, it was a bit tight getting through the barrier but the chap managing the Aire saw us in. We were 2 x 40ft RV's and one C class also whilst we were there another 40ft unit came in too. Plenty of space for us all.
I had emailed the aire prior to our visit & they kept it closed until we arrived!!
I think this is the link to the owners of the Aire https://www.campercontact.com/en/belgium/west-vlaanderen--flandre-oc/brugge/239/parking-kanaaleiland

Its the oval one in the pic don't try the one towards the bottom left of the pic - trying that will only end in tears.
It is very well placed as you can easily walk from the parking into the town through the adjacent park. The other side of the road which runs across the back of it is where all the tour busses dump the day trippers to walk into the town.
I did contact a couple of other campsites but they did not seem too enthusiastic about us visiting them.

Unfortunately I cant find the original email I had with the details.

Regards

Arthur

Gareth62

Subscriber
Thanks Arthur

I hadn't spotted that one (y)
We have had an eMail back from Memling they are happy to have us, so that's two booked for next year now.
Brugge and Berlin. Colditz and Dresden next on our booking hit list for our whistle-stop 2020 Euro tour

France
Belguim
Germany
Czechia
Austria ????? Maybe
Germany
France
Home

A lot of planning to do first.... but getting exited just planning it, cant wait to drive it.

Last edited: