Travel insurance i no its a dirty word but.

car1966

Subscriber
Hi just been quoted £ 300.00 squids for 90 days, Chris had a bit of a heart problem 10 years ago nothing serious prescribe a aspirin a day as a precaution,
Not bin a problem before but they wanted to charge £264.squids on top of the £ 208.squids through c c culb but that was 180 days so cancelled and try through my bank but £ 300. Still seems a lot to us poor pensioners

HELP PLEASE

shovelheadrob

Subscriber
It's a bloody nightmare once one of you has a blip on your medical records, Linda had a "suspected" TIA a few years ago, the hospital couldn't say conclusively whether it was or wasn't. But the quotes for declaring it were eyewatering & if you don't then you might as well not bother with the insurance in the first place.

car1966

Subscriber
It's a bloody nightmare once one of you has a blip on your medical records, Linda had a "suspected" TIA a few years ago, the hospital couldn't say conclusively whether it was or wasn't. But the quotes for declaring it were eyewatering & if you don't then you might as well not bother with the insurance in the first place.
Yes thats what happened to Chris she being feeling dizzy at work about 10 years ago and they did all sorts of test and one where they put a camera in a vein and into her heart, i had to ask if they had found one because i couldn't, anyway the jist of it all they prescribe aspirin as a preventive .
So when we got travel insurance about the same time we told what had been done and the reply was ,o it's a preventive so no problem,
But i should have renewed on the 10 of jan and i forgot, so try to renew yesterday and we had to go all through a medical review with a yes no answer and that's when it threw this up , so at the moment we have cover, but still looking as i have 14 days to cancel if i can find something better,
Thanks for all the reply's including Bills answer ;)