Trailer motor mover ?

grumpy

Subscriber
Evening all you rvoc’ers,
We have a Ivor Williams BV105G twin axle box trailer with ramp doors.
It is extremely difficult to move with only Sue and I, even empty, especially the jockey wheel which sinks a lot on s gravel or soft ground.
Unfortunately because of the particular suspension setup on the “Ivor Williams”, the normal everyday movers are not compatible. And have not found a company that is willing to maybe cobble a “cut and shunt” either !
But, but, unless the dementia is correct, I definitely either read an article or saw a thread on a forum where someone had had one done.
I have contacted Ivor Williams direct, but obviously at the moment am not expecting a swift reply.
So to you lot, let’s have your sane thoughts and any idiocies “daybreaker”.
Other than that We hope all of you are practicing safe whatever and hope to see some of you before 2021.
Keep happy and safe.
Love Susie & Grumpy XXX

RV Neal

Subscriber
I have a Brian James Bantam Smart car trailer (a completely different animal to yours, I know). It is fitted with a motor mover and the fitment involved a modification to the trailer bed aft of the axle. It is now not uncommon for trailers to be equipped with motor-movers and I reckon it's a case of "anything's possible". If Ivor Williams "can't" there will be someone who "can"!

grumpy

Subscriber
Thanks all,
Dodgey, have been lifting off front two wheels which does make a difference to be sure, I will however look into a air tyre, it can’t be to big as when you lift jockey wheel it has to go up past frame, but worth noting.

motor roamin

Subscriber
Hi Malc I have a few of these but the one at home is a is a 126 which is slightly different but from memory the a frame on the 105 is long enough to take a swivelling jockey wheel for stowage with a balloon tyre even then on gravel it will be a pain, the other alternative is a motormover that picks up on the coupling hitch some of these have balloon tyres.

motor roamin

Subscriber
They do make a motorised jockey wheel for around £200 would need mounting on the outside of the A frame and might need the bracket raising the link below is one I found on ebay plenty more though.

grumpy

Subscriber
They do make a motorised jockey wheel for around £200 would need mounting on the outside of the A frame and might need the bracket raising the link below is one I found on ebay plenty more though.

Thanks Rick, been looking but obviously in the wrong place.
Grumps