Towing with a Ford Ranger The 'Hoop' issue

NeilandJo

Subscriber
Yes, Herbie has been phoning them everyday trying to book it in, apparently they have now started accepting bookings for IVA's, but the way things are going it could be next year before it goes in :(
we haven't been away since last new year, though Herbie and Josh did get it fit enough to use a few weeks ago, they pitched it on a site in wrangle for us for the week, was great to get away, we also managed to measure up for bits we want to add. it is a beautiful caravan, the interior is much brighter than the previous models, it has auto levelling, double glazing as a bonus too.
we are running a new year meet this year, if we are allowed anyway, so need our fiver asap.
Cant wait to get away in it :)

David&Rhona

Subscriber
I have a 2016 Ford Ranger, it has one of those daft hoops fitted, do people remove them and get shot, or do you take them off and put them back on everytime you tow? I was thinking of removing it and getting shot, not sure i can be bothered messing around with it.
A couple of years ago i was talking to a guy in Portugal who had a fiver and ford pickup and he bought a extension and put it on the front of his sidewinder and he said it helps,
I must admit i alter mine by moving it back 4ins and that helps, and it still handles ok.
Been to Spain and Portugal with no problem,
Well only one and i dont listen when she say you carn't get in there and the road to narrow,(y)(y)
You have a great wife. She has good common sense. I admire how you refer to her as the boss. How did she manage that? I have tried for 53 years and David still keeps saying he is the boss. I would like her secrets in handling this situation.:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

car1966

Subscriber
You have a great wife. She has good common sense. I admire how you refer to her as the boss. How did she manage that? I have tried for 53 years and David still keeps saying he is the boss. I would like her secrets in handling this situation.:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
She feed me never been hungry she washes my clothes allways got clean clothes, she correct my spelling cosh i have disxer well something like that spell checker no good unless you put in the right letters
And the real reason is i thought she would make love to me any time , No and i have been paying for it ever since so who is the boss, its up to you,

David&Rhona

Subscriber
She feed me never been hungry she washes my clothes allways got clean clothes, she correct my spelling cosh i have disxer well something like that spell checker no good unless you put in the right letters
And the real reason is i thought she would make love to me any time , No and i have been paying for it ever since so who is the boss, its up to you,

Ah! I see my problem now. I wash all his clothes, cook all his meals, I am very affectionate to him, I even help him when he needs another pair of hands or feet when working on vehicles. So the only thing I do Is kick his ass when we play scrabble. That's it!! He has his own personal dictionary for spelling. Hmmm! He does get a bit huffy when I challenge his spelling. Oh well, I still think your wife is great, and has a great talent, but I like kicking his ass so much in scrabble that I guess I won't worry too much about him saying he is boss. (y)(y)(y)
[/QUOT

NeilandJo

Subscriber
So, the new Eurocruiser has an IVA :), just requires some more work to finish it, and then another lockdown comes along :swear: Anyway, sorting an aluminium sheet to go across the back of the cab to cover the hoop mounts as i have now de hooped it :) Also purchased two led spot lights and a high level brake light to go in the rear window, but that now requires the rain to stop so I can do the required work.
Need to find a CB antenna to mount on the Aluminium sheet,
Has anyone fitted wheel arch extensions to their ranger? just looking at them as the wheels throw mud all over the truck, never had this with any other truck (but then again, never had a white truck before)

car1966

Subscriber
It was built in August 2005 registered August 2006 it came with a straight through box and twin 3 1/2 ins pipes I have just put the boxes on and it's stop a lot of the drumming, it does sound well especially as you go through the tunnels uphill, but I grown up a bit and decided after 4 trips to spain and Portugal it's to noisy :giggle::giggle: and as you said it looks good,