Tony and the bosses travels

car1966

Subscriber
Well set off this morning from Lincoln at 12 45 am had better than expected run down to the tunnel 6 50 am departure was there at 5am(y).
Drives on to train after 15 minute kip fress as a daisy:),
180miles to stop over in a nice airy in,
St Andre de l'eur,
I would have taken photos in the town but there was loads of people about and didn't think it was right so took a couple of my 5er

Attachments

David&Rhona

Subscriber
Well set off this morning from Lincoln at 12 45 am had better than expected run down to the tunnel 6 50 am departure was there at 5am(y).
St Andre de l'eur,
I would have taken photos in the town but there was loads of people about and didn't think it was right so took a couple of my 5er
We think you have a nice looking truck and fifth wheel. (y)(y)(y)(y)

car1966

Subscriber
We think you have a nice looking truck and fifth wheel. (y)(y)

Thank you it should be the sweat and tears to put it how we like it and of course the extra bits we put on. How come you can look at something and everything is spot on,
But as soon as you get it you dont like something and that leads to something else,
Are well the boss says i carn't have any more toys but my mate at his small holding has a lot empty space and i have to help him with his things but i got nothing there:mask::mask:

Pedro1122

Subscriber
St Andre de l'eur,
Whats your destination or is it a wander around?

car1966

Subscriber
Well we are south of Bordeaux just and the fridge is playing silly buggers it won't work on gas so running genny to see if that works,
And it seems to be, so i clean out the burner as best as i can with my tapping stick i e hammer and suck out the debris with the Hoover, if it doesn't work could be getting a lot more with my bigger knocking stick,
But i have have had a nice gammon with pineapple and mushrooms and of course with a packet of peas, and if the fridge doesn't want to play ball they could be a load of stuff thrown into the bin, so that our day ,
See what tomorrow brings,.

Merv-IOM

Subscriber
Well we are south of Bordeaux just and the fridge is playing silly buggers it won't work on gas so running genny to see if that works,
And it seems to be, so i clean out the burner as best as i can with my tapping stick i e hammer and suck out the debris with the Hoover, if it doesn't work could be getting a lot more with my bigger knocking stick,
But i have have had a nice gammon with pineapple and mushrooms and of course with a packet of peas, and if the fridge doesn't want to play ball they could be a load of stuff thrown into the bin, so that our day ,
See what tomorrow brings,.
Tony, daft suggestion I know, but is your gas turned on? :giggle:

On ours there's a small burner viewing hole (behind a slidey flap), we had a bit of rusty debris fall from the inside of the flue once and it lodged itself between the burner and the spark ignitor causing it to short out, might be similar?

Have a safe trip

car1966

Subscriber
Well it's been a good day today we are now in Burgos and its not cold ,well Friday set off about 1 hour down the road the gendarmes pull us in wanted to know all the in,s and out of the 5er and truck, so after i told them he said what licence do you need to drive and i said car licence, much shaking of heads
I had to show them my licence and try to explain how it works they thought it was not right but has i still my class 1 on my licence they told me to have a safe journey,
Well we got to a airs south of Bordeaux, then try to fix the fridge no luck , anyway set off this morning for Burgos, and fridge to mend,
Well Merve gave me a clue so checking flue i find some insulation had flop down on the top of the flue so think it is fix shall know in the morning, 20200201_184619.jpg

shovelheadrob

Subscriber
When we were away at Christmas, the first night, wild camping & the water heater wouldn't play ball, freezing cold outside & raining tried all the usual things.........nothing, gave up and went to the pub. Next morning I thought "I'll just see if it lights" it did & has been perfect since.
So Tony, have you tried going to the pub?
Safe travels.

car1966

Subscriber
When we were away at Christmas, the first night, wild camping & the water heater wouldn't play ball, freezing cold outside & raining tried all the usual things.........nothing, gave up and went to the pub. Next morning I thought "I'll just see if it lights" it did & has been perfect since.
So Tony, have you tried going to the pub?
Safe travels.
Never thought of that but just fins a bottle of wine will that count;)

car1966

Subscriber
Well we set off from Burgos with a working fridge :) to get down where we normally park but chris was feeding me wine gums miss the turning s..t said i but soon realised not far from Cesarise, we stop there i said,
Didn't miss the turning this time so on we go only to be pull up buy the Spanish police taking samples to see drugs or alcohol present bugger i thought all those wine gums just as they got to us they wave us through :tmi: , anyway got to the airs and full , so on we go we are now in a truck stop for the night , and the fridge is still working :party:20200202_174000.jpg20200202_173832.jpg

Merv-IOM

Subscriber
Haha Tony, I had a similar thing happen to me a while back. We were munching on doughnuts, the type dusted in icing sugar, while we drove up the Autovia. My upper lip and t-shirt were covered in the white dust as we exited and rounded the island only to be face to face with the Guardia Civil!! For all the world it looked like I'd been sniffing something but luckily they didn't stop us.....phew!

tacr2man

Subscriber
Haha Tony, I had a similar thing happen to me a while back. We were munching on doughnuts, the type dusted in icing sugar, while we drove up the Autovia. My upper lip and t-shirt were covered in the white dust as we exited and rounded the island only to be face to face with the Guardia Civil!! For all the world it looked like I'd been sniffing something but luckily they didn't stop us.....phew!
Oh no not the old iced bun ploy again !! :)

car1966

Subscriber
Well we are getting there but stop off and spent the day in Seville stunning 20200204_161709.jpg

Attachments