Time to fess up and tell all

gulfbluersr

Right I've been thinking about posting this topic up for a few weeks now and with all the talk on the other thread about macerators it's convinced me that it needs posting!

I'm more than sure that most if not all of us have a funny or embarrassing story about 'accidents' and 'happenings' whilst dumping, I know Paul of 'Paul and Debra' has a couple of VERY funny one's that he told me so come lets here them all!!

I'm afraid mine is not that exciting but hopefully a start to plenty more funnier stories :D

It starts off with me and one of the lads that used to work for me dug an 20' long trench 2'6" deep to break into the manhole in the front garden along the side of the path to our front door which trashed quite a bit of Elaine flower bed ( I still get nagged about that :giggle:) Once that was completed and the pipe in and backfilled late one Sunday night after a weekend away in our 1st RV I decided to try out our new dumping station, start of mistake! Should of left it till daylight and less tired! It starts of that my calculations with the height that I could set the end of the pipe out of the ground were a little off due to the slope on the yard and where the tank was on the RV, by the time the 'stinky slinky' was fitted it was a bit low for the pipe fitting in the ground. Simple answer I decide, move the RV further up the yard and use an extra length of 4" drainage pipe (the rigid underground type not flexy RV type) balanced on bricks and blocks to get the right fall into my fitting in the ground. All sorted and simple thinks I ;) The next part of the disaster was that the bayonet fitting on the end of the old blue 'stinky slinky' had one of the lugs snapped off so once you opened the valve you had to hold it all together ;) So then the next stage slide the end of the cheap old very flexy 'stinky slinky' down the end of the propped up 4" pipe ;) So next pull the valve and yes you guessed it the old escaping 'stinky slinky' trick :eek::eek::eek: sh£7 all down the yard, so quick a I can and in panic I manage to close the valve, Hmmm start again, this time propping up the slinky a bit to keep it in the pipe;) open the valve again and all starts to go well, slowly it starts to go wrong again so with out thinking and again in panic I let go of the bayonet fitting with my other hand and OH SH$7 off comes the bayonet and what a pressure it comes out at :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: by now I've given up trying to avoid being in the middle of the pool over the yard and getting covered in it all :sick::sick::sick::sick: so just close the valve, assemble it all up again and pull the valve open, this time I manage to keep it all together. :) So a big clean up with the hose pipe and in for a shower, I went straight to the back door, stripped off outside and walked into the house, as I passed Elaine she said "are you alright Steve" she got a harsh "no and I don't want to talk about it I'm going for a shower, and don't touch my clothes outside the door" :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: It took an hour or so to calm down but now I can laugh about it :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

After that I just went back to popping over to my parents house and parking over the manhole, lift the cover and dump straight in no more mess!! (y)(y)

So come on lets have your stories, and yes Paul that includes yours :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

old mo

Subscriber
First trip away in our first "A" class was up to M.H.Medics for a service..

Camped at Briersfield after it was serviced.. Next morning before heading of home,,, thought I will use my Brand new Macerator..

Connects up two 10 mtr hoses, pokes it down the hole, goes back to RV and open`s black valve, switches on ,, walks back and waits for it to empty and make sure it was OK..

Walks back to the RV... only to see the hose pop of the Macerator and dump the last couple of gallons on the deck....

Who never tightened up the jubilee clip then.... :mad:

Tightened up the clip finished dumping what was left and then dumps the Grey..

Then spent half an hour with a bucket and a dustpan and brush cleaning up the bloody mess... :cry: :sick: :giggle:

Dodgey

Subscriber
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, it's a matter of when not if for these Robin Williams moments!

Filled me boots, literally when one of those cheaper, I knew no better, rhino hose, hoses decided to separate from it's fitting, hose vanished down hole and me left with a clean up job. Campsite team weren't impressed, they expected a full head to toe covering so boots and splats up my legs just weren't as funny, though they still had fun at my expence.

Rhino hose all the way now, and check fittings every time, oh, and stand back plus do boots up so they can't be filled!

Well must say, if all is telling of there little misdimeeners...

We are ashamed not to be a proper Rv , ers As we have not had any mishaps during Dumping..(terrible pun ).

Will have to try harder in the future.

gulfbluersr

I check double check then just to be sure check again so far fingers crossed it hasn't happened, shouldn't have said that, I'm never dumping again now after tempting fate :rofl:
Well must say, if all is telling of there little misdimeeners...

We are ashamed not to be a proper Rv , ers As we have not had any mishaps during Dumping..(terrible pun ).

Will have to try harder in the future.
Well I think being as technology is now so far advanced and on board video cameras are so cheap on Ebay, you 2 should set up cameras on the side of your RV's so that we can see how it's done.........purely for educational purposes of course for us now experienced RV'ers and also for all the new RV'ers nothing to do with the fact that now you have now tempted fate and that we would all find a youtube video of you all covered in sh$7 most hilarious :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:(y)(y)(y)(y):*

Off to search youtube for funny RV tank emptying videos................

motor roamin

Subscriber
Well I think being as technology is now so far advanced and on board video cameras are so cheap on Ebay, you 2 should set up cameras on the side of your RV's so that we can see how it's done.........purely for educational purposes of course for us now experienced RV'ers and also for all the new RV'ers nothing to do with the fact that now you have now tempted fate and that we would all find a youtube video of you all covered in sh$7 most hilarious :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:(y)(y)(y)(y):*

Off to search youtube for funny RV tank emptying videos................
I did say the post has now tempted fate , believe me it's one of the few things I haven't f****d up at some time :rofl:

PabloH

Years ago, as we left a very nice French site (Jablines, near Paris ) I decided to dump with the 4inch. Now,bear in mind that their dump is nice and wide and near the entrance and there are lots of peeps about who are fascinated by an RV. I connected it all up and put the end under the lid of the drain hole, then instructed young son to hold it and "make sure you don't let it go "as it'll wriggle free. I then stroll back to the valve, by now we've an audience as it's lunchtime and people are strolling back to their pitches. I open the valve, slinky wriggled, son shouted eeeeeeuuuuw....... And... Let....Go.... S$$t every where..... Needless to say, he wasn't very popular, neither was I with the site and a lot of folk didn't enjoy their lunch. I'm sure I heard a few people heaving.... :sick:
The most important lesson leaned was that,when you own an RV, you have to do everything perfectly as it feels like the world is watching...:envy::rofl:

motor roamin

Subscriber
Oh one thing I have thought of wasn't that it got away, but one site we were on told us to dump in very nice manhole which we did followed by 15 other RVs only to find out it was a storm soak away, we were not popular for that the next visit there saw a 1ton block of concrete on the top of the manhole, another site we were on pointed me to a drain pipe sticking out of the ground which went into the septic tank looking at thee state of the facilities I thought best left alone good job I did the next guy who dumped 100gal of black and grey down it got half back (y) so guess I amjust lucky :rofl:

larryh

Subscriber
Cheap rhino hose, me too :shake:

Year before last on our trip to Ireland , finished on site at Dungarvan just south of Waterford, pull round near toilet block , lift manhole and using short hose, sitting down I pull the black valve, shisen housen, the hose splits at the top and I get a lapfull, hell don't it come out quick :wasntme:
Finally shut valve but after washing down the pong seems to last forever :sweating:

BTW women often request equality but mine never does the sh#tty job :wasntme:

motor roamin

Subscriber
Something else I have never done is use the black hose that came with an Rv I always keep mine and just put the original back when I sell it, better the devil you know (y)

Bigpeetee

We hired an RV in Canada and were shown how to empty waste, open black and flush with grey.

Told to place flexible 4" hose in ground waste hole.

They didn't mention the velocity of emptying poo!!

The hose snaked and jumped out, covering my feet and sandals in brown stuff!!

I quickly shut off the valve then used my foot to keep the hose down the hole.

The knowing looks from other RVers showed me that I wasn't the first to do this.

The sandals never recovered and they were the most comfy ones I've ever had, typical.

larryh

Subscriber
We hired an RV in Canada and were shown how to empty waste, open black and flush with grey.

Told to place flexible 4" hose in ground waste hole.

They didn't mention the velocity of emptying poo!!

The hose snaked and jumped out, covering my feet and sandals in brown stuff!!

I quickly shut off the valve then used my foot to keep the hose down the hole.

The knowing looks from other RVers showed me that I wasn't the first to do this.

The sandals never recovered and they were the most comfy ones I've ever had, typical.
Much more comfortable after a dousing :rofl:;)

pappajohn

Subscriber
Only had one event with the slinky escaping.
i have 4 x 6mtr lengths of soil pipe, underground type, fixed together with selftappers.
this is laid out on deminishing height axle stands across the tarmac hardstanding at the top of our drive.
i took the dump hose and inserted it into the end of the soil pipe, checked the stands were straight and off we go.!!!!!!!

I,d only used the 4ft slinky instead of the 10 footer.....exit slinky !
i usually insert at least 8ft down the pipe...the other 2ft between dump valve and pipe end

Lucky i was still holding the valve handle so only around 3 gallons of shit on the drive before i got a message from brain to hand to close it.

paul&debra

Subscriber
As Steve said, we have had a couple of experiances. On an Aire in Denmark, there was a ground level dump, but covered with a grill. I said to my son " right we will point the slinky downwards, you keep your foot on the pipe. I will pull the lever" I kept my part of the bargain, my son didn't. I returned to the dump, to find the slinky spining round and round and firing sh*t in all directions. Much to the disgust of all the other Europeans. We then spent the next hour with a hose washing virtually the whole aire down.

Same holiday, we went to Norway. At the top of a mountain overlooking a glacier , we found a public long drop toilet , next to a lay bye. Right thought I, no one around. We will deploy the macerator, so out it came with lay flat hose. Run hose to toilet and turned on macerator, those of you with macerators will know. If the pipe kinks nothing gets pumped. Pipe was linked over the edge of the toilet. So I thought pull it back a bit, big mistake !!!!!!!! It flipped out of the toilet and sprayed Sh*t all up the walls and all over the ceiling. Well we tried very hard to clean it, but a bloody great coach of cruise ship passengers turned up to look at the glacier. So we legged it, saw a lady go in the loo in a hurry. But she came out a lot faster with a look of disgust on her face.

We take a lot more care now:rofl::rofl: