Time for an upgrade?

BLAIR

Subscriber
OK, so I'm back from Empire, as soon as I saw it two things came to mind firstly it's bloody huge and secondly I know Fcuk all about RV's :D fortunately for me I know a man that does so I've aske @adi4 to go over it for me.

It's a lovely Motor but needs a fair few bits doing from what I could see and I'm sure Adi will find things I missed

The first and most important job of all will be removing the sticker from the back of it, I'd rather have a Volvo badge on the back than this

194186230_815755805742551_5603600326056815561_n.jpg

BLAIR

Subscriber
Just noticed on the MOT history for this RV an advisory that says "Kerbside weight appears to be very close to GVW" I didn't think weight was an issue with these biguns? The revenue weight is 11774 kg

Any idea what a 40 ft quad slide weighs (roughly)

onan

Subscriber
I would suggest the revenue weight of 11774Kg is wrong for a 40ft quad slide. That’s about the same as a front engine maximum weight Workhorse chassis.

The revenue weight should be taken from the RV plate/sticker which is usually found behind the drivers seat. Ask James for a photo. It will also have the date of manufacture on it. Check that as well and then search brochure archives for the weight/specifications in the brochure.

onan

Subscriber
Yes, No, who knows. You are dealing with DVLA.

My V5 was incorrect but I had the RV spec sheet with Vin number, weights etc. Took about a month.

If you don’t have the original documents the process will be arduous.

You can check the V5 revenue weight on DVLA website.

BLAIR

Subscriber
Yes, No, who knows. You are dealing with DVLA.

My V5 was incorrect but I had the RV spec sheet with Vin number, weights etc. Took about a month.

If you don’t have the original documents the process will be arduous.

You can check the V5 revenue weight on DVLA website.
DVLA site says 11774 kg :(