This will be the first of many questions,

Mbaussie

Subscriber
So .. here we go . We have a c class 4 winds Thor rv and we want to replace the metal Venetian blinds with pleated blinds that have translucent at the bottom and blackout at the top. We have been looking on line but the measuring and mounting instructions look confusing and we are worried we would mess it up. Does anyone know where we can get them in the UK? Or if there are any trade shows coming up we could visit and have the professionals measure?

Ruff Nomads

Subscriber
If I understand what you’re after correctly, threading them is a dark art you’ll need the correct twine to make sure it doesn’t stretch. I’ve seen you tube videos explaining the fixing. Where to get it all from is the big question. I would imagine a lot of windows are standard ish sizes. LAS do refitting so they may be able to source them for you. They’ll get them from the states which of course you could do yourself direct.
If I can find the video I’ll post the link here for you.

Mbaussie

Subscriber
If it's just restring you can get the twine from most drapers shops
It’s not.. I wish it was but we are going to replace the whole thing.. thanks for replying though I appreciate it.. I’m gonna need lots of help shortly with other stuff I don’t understand on the camper

Chris S-S

Subscriber
If you have the measurements contact the likes of Motor Home Medics or Duncan at Star Spangled Spanner, to see if they can assist in sourcing some for you?

Daybreaker

Subscriber
So .. here we go . We have a c class 4 winds Thor rv and we want to replace the metal Venetian blinds with pleated blinds that have translucent at the bottom and blackout at the top. We have been looking on line but the measuring and mounting instructions look confusing and we are worried we would mess it up. Does anyone know where we can get them in the UK? Or if there are any trade shows coming up we could visit and have the professionals measure?
Try blinds direct they do a dual day night roller blind made to measure at great prices. Great company to deal with plus do cheap insurance if you measure incorrectly

Dodgit

Subscriber
I will be replacing all mine in the near future -

mind you, been muttering that for quite some time - and am just going through
AliBaba for quotes for electric double roller, privacy and blackout. (Comparing
the 'cost' from buying at Ikea, including cutting to size and length and phaffing
and swearing.)
. . . anyway ..
Quick measure of width and drop [mm] inside pelmet to bottom of window/shelf
Condition is reasonable, stringing good, not ripped, one splashed (may clean?)

2 of - 520 x 650 Drivers slide, sides
2 " - 530 x 450 B/room slide, sides
1 " - 1120 x 650 B/room main
2 " - 1310 x 670 Drivers slide, mains
1 " - 1530 x 690 Pass slide, main

two more/others are Venetian (Loo and Kitchen):

1. 650 x 610
1. 990 x 370

If of any interest please message me (Roger - Kent)

Mbaussie

Subscriber
I will be replacing all mine in the near future -

mind you, been muttering that for quite some time - and am just going through
AliBaba for quotes for electric double roller, privacy and blackout. (Comparing
the 'cost' from buying at Ikea, including cutting to size and length and phaffing
and swearing.)
. . . anyway ..
Quick measure of width and drop [mm] inside pelmet to bottom of window/shelf
Condition is reasonable, stringing good, not ripped, one splashed (may clean?)

2 of - 520 x 650 Drivers slide, sides
2 " - 530 x 450 B/room slide, sides
1 " - 1120 x 650 B/room main
2 " - 1310 x 670 Drivers slide, mains
1 " - 1530 x 690 Pass slide, main

two more/others are Venetian (Loo and Kitchen):

1. 650 x 610
1. 990 x 370

If of any interest please message me (Roger - Kent)
Thanks will try and get measured this week and get back to you .. appreciate the reply regards Mark

Mbaussie

Subscriber
If I understand what you’re after correctly, threading them is a dark art you’ll need the correct twine to make sure it doesn’t stretch. I’ve seen you tube videos explaining the fixing. Where to get it all from is the big question. I would imagine a lot of windows are standard ish sizes. LAS do refitting so they may be able to source them for you. They’ll get them from the states which of course you could do yourself direct.
If I can find the video I’ll post the link here for you.
Thank you .. am going to las in the next week or so for generator repair ..regards Mark

Mbaussie

Subscriber
If you have the measurements contact the likes of Motor Home Medics or Duncan at Star Spangled Spanner, to see if they can assist in sourcing some for you?
Poor Duncan .. what a legend..!! Never met him in person but seems like I phone him weekly with some sort of question ..such a help.. I think he hates blinds ..!! lol..

Mbaussie

Subscriber
Try blinds direct they do a dual day night roller blind made to measure at great prices. Great company to deal with plus do cheap insurance if you measure incorrectly
Will give them a try this week .thank you so much for replying .. really appreating everyone’s help and advice, this is our first USA motorhome so we are really lost on some things about them so everyone’s help is really appreciated