Thinking ov taking her

Paul

Subscriber
I’ve owned my rv for around 5years now and she only gets used for going to watch motorsports in the uk so only gets used about 7 weekends a year the rest of the time she just sits there the wife and my 12yr old son r wonting Togo abroad in her but I wouldn’t no where to star so what everyone else get up to ?

Merv-IOM

Subscriber
All you need to do is sort out you insurance first, then choose where to go! It's easy and you'll enjoy it too. If you fancy France, Belgium or Spain & Portugal, then I suggest you buy the relevant Aires books from here;

Maybe also buy a copy of the latest ACSI discount camping book, see here;

Ferries are easy to book online too, as is the Eurotunnel (LPG Vehicles cannot use the tunnel).
The world is your oyster, go and explore it and have fun too (y)

Ruff Nomads

Subscriber
I only do overnight layby's on route and stay in campsites, better for the cat.
Aires on main roads/auto routes I wouldn’t advise but there’s plenty of private and public Aires and service points all over France and Spain. We’re just about to try Portugal but I expect it’s a similar tale there. Use a combination of Park4night Search for sites and CaraMaps apps. Check out the stoppies and get the coordinates for your sat nav. We use CoPilot camper app. It’s cheap, works off your phone or iPad and it works. You can put the size of your rig in which works great in the U.K. but use your instincts in Europe.

RV Neal

Subscriber
We've only just returned from a 56 night trip through France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Italy, Slovenia, and Croatia. It was great fun; the European roads are much better to drive than the roads in the south eastern UK, campsites are cheaper with ACSI, diesel is generally cheaper than the UK, in Luxembourg it was 1.11 Euros per litre.

If we can manage it we will do a similar trip next year but skip Slovenia and Croatia and travel right down to the south of Italy. Love it!

Steve Martin

Subscriber
I’ve owned my rv for around 5years now and she only gets used for going to watch motorsports in the uk so only gets used about 7 weekends a year the rest of the time she just sits there the wife and my 12yr old son r wonting Togo abroad in her but I wouldn’t no where to star so what everyone else get up to ?
Best idea is follow one of us going down through France/Spain/Portugal and enjoy the ride with no stress.
You can then stop off anywhere you want and catch up later..(y)(y)

Paul

Subscriber
Hi Merv when you say no lpg on eurotunnel is that if it runs on lpg ? R you ok if lpg is only for heating and and cooking
Thank you