The Big Pitch Guide - FoC

Arthur

Subscriber
I have a paper copy of The UK Big Pitch Guide which might be of interest to anyone starting out with an RV. Whilst not a current source of reference - some of the sites have changed- it does give help with the question of where can we go.
Free to anyone who wants it.
image.jpgimage.jpg

johnpengers

Subscriber
A great tool to have in the early days but was a bit complicated to work out.......Typical Dick bless him !!..........A real character and very passionate about his "baby"(y)

Arthur

Subscriber
A great tool to have in the early days but was a bit complicated to work out.......Typical Dick bless him !!..........A real character and very passionate about his "baby"(y)
We bought the first bus from Mo & Dick when they decided it was all a bit too much for Mo so were going to finish with the motorhome life but keep the guide going. We would sent them updates of where it was & what we were doing, I think the last time I spoke with him on the phone they had purchased a European motorhome & was enjoying being back to a bit of travelling around.
The Guide continued but was then being handed over to another company who were going to do all sorts of things to enhance it but sadly they did not. I think Dick picked it up again but its impact was probably lost by that time.

Arthur

johnpengers

Subscriber
If I'm not mistaken Arthur, Stingray Rv had some thing to do with it.......We all know what happened to them !!;).
What was funny,At the height of popularity Mo and Dick were full timing at Carvynick the home of Itchy Feet.In those days Dick used to send out hard copy updates and apparently Eric (owner of Carvynick) couldn't understand why his leccie bill was sky high:(,It took him ages to work out that it was Dick and his photocopying machine for the big pitch guide updates !!!!:rofl::rofl:.

Last edited:

Olley

Subscriber
The Guide continued but was then being handed over to another company who were going to do all sorts of things to enhance it but sadly they did not. I think Dick picked it up again but its impact was probably lost by that time.

Arthur
Yes Dick did contact me a few years ago to say he was starting it again but I can't remember what happened after that.

Jolly wally

Subscriber
I have a paper copy of The UK Big Pitch Guide which might be of interest to anyone starting out with an RV. Whilst not a current source of reference - some of the sites have changed- it does give help with the question of where can we go.
Free to anyone who wants it.
View attachment 27868View attachment 27869
Hi, is it possible to send me a copy of the big pitch guide by post or e mail, my email is sjbishop1@hotmail.com
My address is. 25,queens drive, Crowle Scunthorpe DN17 4DL

Arthur

Subscriber
JW
Alas I have already sent it to someone else on the Forum, however if you look on the front page of RVOC and scroll down the right side there is a link for the Big pitch Guide there.