Storage for RV

johnpengers

Subscriber
There's one just above Street in Somerset but far too south for your needs.
I can't think of a caravan site that might do storage in that area to be honest:(.
Not sure but try Bath Marina site just outside Bath.Or.....Google it,there may be something tucked away somewhere.Fortunately, you're not too big to be a problem,
I remember your Rv at Empire.....Absolutely lovely(y).

jenmelmar

Subscriber
Hello John
Thanks for that idea-I shall have to Google it. I know there was someone who was going to open a secure site for storage in Wiltshire that was asking about insurance on here-but I did not take the info :(
You saw our Monty at Empire RV's? How nice! It is a great vehicle but we are still getting used to the width of it ;) Having never had any sort of motorhome or caravan before-we just bought Monty because we loved the space it gives when you are parked up-but not so good when you are traveling. We are in Spain now having traveled down through France from UK-but have to go back in May 2020 for the MOT-so we need somewhere to park it for a few months whilst we visit the family-no one has room for it in their garden :)

johnpengers

Subscriber
Will you be staying in her whilst you're visiting family or just storage?
There are sites open all year that might let you leave the Rv there on a seasonal pitch.As for the mot,Have a word with Adi in Weymouth plus you have Bagwell Farm a couple of miles away that's open all year round.
If it's just storage for a couple months ask James at Empire,he might know somewhere we don't.(y).

Hope this helps.:)

jenmelmar

Subscriber
Well, mostly we won't be living in it as we can stay with the family, but Monty is too big :(
So we could try and look at some secure camp sites and maybe James will know someone, he has been amazingly helpful to us every since we bought it :)
thanks John.

jenmelmar

Subscriber
A few C&MH sites have storage facilities, or try the CASSOA website they have various levels of acceptable security, we keep our caravan & 5th wheel at a local one.
Oh that is excellent-many thanks- I will check that out for sure :)

shawn&emma

Subscriber
Hopefully you'll have luck finding somewhere. In Kent when I was looking for staorage last year I contact around 30 companies, most didn't even reply and most that did where either full or had long waiting lists. Big money in starage facilities if you've got a spare shed or two.

jenmelmar

Subscriber
Thanks for that. I have contacted a few companies and waiting for replies. I had no idea it would be so difficult-I guess it is a problem because the RV's are so wide. It certainly has made us consider our decision to buy an RV as although we love the space when parked up, it does make planning routes more difficult and we have missed out some places we would like to have gone to in France and Spain, just because of the size. I guess there is always a compromise on whichever vehicle you decide on. Thanks for the advice :)

shawn&emma

Subscriber
It's always a compromise with the size of the RV. We've had our sunseeker just on 10 years and mainly fulltimed during that time. You can't beat the extra space of the RV against anything else. The more places you visit the more comfortable you will become traveling. Once you've ended up in a few tight spots you get more confident. I would sugest take some more chances on th places you visit, many places that say they can't fit a certain size vehicle when you get there you can, go for it. Shawn.

jenmelmar

Subscriber
It's always a compromise with the size of the RV. We've had our sunseeker just on 10 years and mainly fulltimed during that time. You can't beat the extra space of the RV against anything else. The more places you visit the more comfortable you will become traveling. Once you've ended up in a few tight spots you get more confident. I would sugest take some more chances on th places you visit, many places that say they can't fit a certain size vehicle when you get there you can, go for it. Shawn.
Thanks very much for that advice-maybe we will try that! We only bought this in June and never had a motorhome or caravan before-but decided to sell out house and do some traveling while we are still fit ;) So the RV is our home for a few years if we can cope with it! We are at Pinoso in Spain now and intend to go down to Almeria and on to Cadiz -then debating whether to go back through France to UK in May or from Santander-will see how we get on. Lovely to get some helpful advice from people who have had an RV for years and traveled in it -thanks :)

Waylyn

Subscriber
I store mine at wentloog, excellent security and under £600 for the 12 month.
It has washing facilities and black and grey waste area 02920361361
They are now called Blue self storage CF32ER

jenmelmar

Subscriber
I store mine at wentloog, excellent security and under £600 for the 12 month.
It has washing facilities and black and grey waste area 02920361361
They are now called Blue self storage CF32ER
Thank you so much-I have made a note and will check out where they are and if they have space :)