STINGRAY RV

crystalspirit

Stingray

I have been on the receiving end 3 times with plant companies being wound up by banks hmrc etc in the last 15 yrs not very nice takes at lot of get over how ever big or little the amount owed is I feel sorry for the creditors

Dixie

Subscriber- RV Trader
2K is a fortune if you haven't got it:thumbup:
It sure is! But the point of the court deposit is to deter people issuing winding up petitions ad lib for questionable claims or differences of opinion. It's a major action and shouldn't be entered into lightly.

This petition is at least not brought about by a bank or government entity forcing their will on the smaller creditors.

After 25 years as an accountant I've seen both sides of this many times, sadly there are no winners.

motor roamin

Subscriber
After 25 years as an accountant I've seen both sides of this many times, sadly there are no winners.[/QUOTE]

There are no winners anytime courts and solicitors are involved except of course the courts and solicitors :001_rolleyes:

Geo

I think the London Gazette is a fairly good source. :wink:

The petition was requested mid June, at which point the defendent would be given time to resolve the claim. If they fail to satisy the claim within two weeks of the hearing date the advertisement is published in the Gazette.

Costs about £2k, part fees part deposit to the court. Not much money in the scheme of the RV world.
There was Bugger all in "The Sun" Darling :wink:and I don't believe owt till it is:blink:

SuperMike

You may already know, but I have picked this up, from the ARVM website. All very sad, particulary the second paragraph.

Stingray RV Limited announced on the 1st August that Winding UP Petitions had been issued on 31st July. All the staff were laid off on 18th July. The Company, owned by Simon Leith, has traded for many years and moved to Daventry 6 years ago. They had been one of the major American motorhome rental companies in the UK, in particular to the motor racing scene. They also bought and sold American motorhomes and for the last 2 years had been the UK distributor of Winnebago motorhomes after they bought the Dudleys name and stock.
2nd August 2014

It is with great sadness that we have to announce the death on Monday 4th August of Simon Leith of Stingray RV Ltd.
6th August 2014

Last edited:

Uncle Tony

Subscriber
Simon Leith

How tragic......

When we were searching, he was one of the people we found particularly helpful. He had what seemed to be a super headquarters at Daventry, and all his staff seemed really on the ball.

He will be greatly missed...:sad:

Goodwood

Banned
How tragic......

When we were searching, he was one of the people we found particularly helpful. He had what seemed to be a super headquarters at Daventry, and all his staff seemed really on the ball.

He will be greatly missed...:sad:
I don't miss him. He owed me money. I suspect had owed lots of people money. I paid stingray 3500 to rent a van for goodwood revival and now I have no van and no 3500. What about some sympathy for creditors like me. ???

Graham&Shirley

Subscriber
I don't miss him. He owed me money. I suspect had owed lots of people money. I paid stingray 3500 to rent a van for goodwood revival and now I have no van and no 3500. What about some sympathy for creditors like me. ???
Contact the courts that are dealing with this case not this forum:mad:

crystalspirit

Stingray

Excuse me all u people on here I don.t suppose many of u have had companies go bust on u well I have & it takes a long time to earn that back but I do suggest people keep there feelings to themselves & not air there dirty washing on here it is not the time or place

Last edited:

AlanT

Think anyone with only one working brain cell would pay money in advance by credit card so they could claim it back.

Alan

bingo_66

I met Simon Leith numerous times and we bought our Damon Daybreak off him. He came across as a typical showman and was probably still telling people that Stingray would take over the world an hour before the winding up order was issued. Christine called him a flashy sod but I suppose you have to have a certain amount of front in that industry. Sad news for his family and for the guys who worked for Stingray RV.

If anyone is looking for a right hand man that you can depend on every time then Attila, Simon's fleet manager I think, is one of the nicest, most helpful guys you could ever meet (probably been snapped up by now anyway)

Of course I also feel sorry for those customers who have lost money and I guess there will be a few of them.