STINGRAY RV

Geo

Hope your source is good, as your post seems to be the only reference to stingrays demise on the tinterweb or news that i have seen
got a good solicitor:wink:
G

billl70

Hope your source is good, as your post seems to be the only reference to stingrays demise on the tinterweb or news that i have seen
G
Been trying to contact them for over a week to order a spare panel ,just recieved a e-mail from attila,informing me of the fact.:sad:

Olley

Subscriber
Somebody gave me a whisper this week that something was happening to one of the RV companies, but wouldn't elaborate, so maybe this is what he was talking about?

Ian

Geo

The reason I commented was you have to be so careful When Unipart Automotive ceased trading last week it was all over the web in minutes
Ive looked inc on FB but theres nowt anywhere about Stingray RV Ltd
Stingray .co.uk or indeed Stingray .com:001_rolleyes:
Strange :sad:

billl70

The reason I commented was you have to be so careful When Unipart Automotive ceased trading last week it was all over the web in minutes
Just found this,winding up petitions Companies notices 30 july 2014, Stingray rv limited.:sad:

Landy Lover

Subscriber
The receivers I believe announced the demise of Unipart which of course includes any of the other names like Partco. Any announcement ref Stingray I would guess would only come accurately from the receivers but rumours abound about them but that's all I have heard - rumours. If they have gone then a lot of people will get burned I reckon :sad:

billl70

The receivers I believe announced the demise of Unipart which of course includes any of the other names like Partco. Any announcement ref Stingray I would guess would only come accurately from the receivers but rumours abound about them but that's all I have heard - rumours. If they have gone then a lot of people will get burned I reckon :sad:
When i recieved a reply from stingray to my enquiry, i belived there was a modicum of truth to what they told me, obviously as you didnt know about it, it must be a rumour.:sad:

Landy Lover

Subscriber
When i recieved a reply from stingray to my enquiry, i belived there was a modicum of truth to what they told me, obviously as you didnt know about it, it must be a rumour.:sad:
Hi Bill was not aware you had this from Stingray direct - there have been rumours flying around for a couple of weeks now with no announcement - I also know of a few people who are owed money by Stingray - they cannot get in touch and cannot ( so far ) get any accurate answers hence my comment that the receivers give the official announcement. Sadly I know this also from personal experience having been burned a number of times over 30 plus years in business. Does seem strange though

Landy Lover

Subscriber
It is listed here, alongside Salisbury City Football Club!
:blink:
http://www.creditman.biz/uk/members/news-view.asp?newsviewID=20238
That was dated yesterday 30th July so from that you could assume that they have closed the doors and someone ( could be them or another ) has applied for a winding up petition to the courts - yesterday - requesting a winding up order - could be another month or so before it is issued unless of course it is HM Customs and Excise :blink: Think it is a case of watch this space at the moment

Landy Lover

Subscriber
Anyone that is interested in understanding the winding up procedure may find this interesting http://www.winding-up-petition.co.uk/ as a petition has been raised there is only minimal action that can be taken, unless funds can be found to pay outstanding debts, once the petition is issued the company and all assets are frozen until the actual hearing.

From the petitioners point of view it is an expensive option unless there is funds or stock to be had.

I have never used it on anyone - have threatened it and got paid in full including costs within 24 hours of the suggestion :lol::lol::lol:

gulfbluersr

Subscriber
Anyone that is interested in understanding the winding up procedure may find this interesting http://www.winding-up-petition.co.uk/ as a petition has been raised there is only minimal action that can be taken, unless funds can be found to pay outstanding debts, once the petition is issued the company and all assets are frozen until the actual hearing.

From the petitioners point of view it is an expensive option unless there is funds or stock to be had.

I have never used it on anyone - have threatened it and got paid in full including costs within 24 hours of the suggestion :lol::lol::lol:
Thanks for this Bill, very interesting and possibly useful in the future :thumbup:

Steve

Daybreaker

Subscriber
Sorry to hear that, its always sad news. Ive been on both sides as narrowly escaped being bankrupt (not my fault got done big time by a property developer) and had clients who nearly made me bankrupt again (and still are) Also got a blooming Damon Daybreak thats tried its best:001_smile: As my profile says " now skint" but happy to be an RVer RVS ROCK.:biggrin:

Dixie

Subscriber- RV Trader
G
I think the London Gazette is a fairly good source. :wink:

The petition was requested mid June, at which point the defendent would be given time to resolve the claim. If they fail to satisy the claim within two weeks of the hearing date the advertisement is published in the Gazette.

Costs about £2k, part fees part deposit to the court. Not much money in the scheme of the RV world.