Start issue

Gareth62

Subscriber
All the switches appear to do as they are supposed to but don't know how to test one. My clicking though is up in the above cupboard above the dash as in roof height
Some RVs have a relay in the overhead lockers, it stops the TV being on if driving maybe this is what is clicking when you turn the ignition.

bengie

Subscriber
Hook up only charges auxiliary batteries not starter battery, Have you tried using a multi meter to see voltage of starter battery.

philip

Subscriber
Hi All update is that there is no power going to the energising side on the starter motor, I am able to start it with a spanner gonna try get it down to the unit and take it from there I think

philip

Subscriber
I am certainly further forward than I was yesterday. My old backup camera fuse I am wondering if someone has wired the Thatcham immobiliser(found the box this morning) through that fuse! And is that the issue but I have as far as I can see one main fuse box on the right front as you are facing the coach under the hood. And a small one under the dash anything I am missing here cause all fuses are OK?

philip

Subscriber
Right we are finally on our way to onnelay, I have a cable to energize my starter motor off the battery when I want to start it and I have finally finished wiring up the new reversing camera system so all I have to do now, is work it out after the weekend, I don't care we are off!!! I might look a prat when starting it but who gives a! lol.

shovelheadrob

Subscriber
Normally an immobiliser works on 2 circuits, usually starter & either ignition or fuel, it's not impossible that they've only interupted the start circuit, you could check first that the appropriate terminal is live on the ignition switch is turned to the start position, then check continuity between that & the starter solenoid.