Sofa bed

philip

Subscriber
Hi there, anyone else got. A sofa bed like this where there is a massive gap at the back of it when open, it has a blow up mattress setup. An dlast time I used it I took my elderly mum away and had to fish her out from behind the sofa as some air had come out the mattress and she had slid down, not great for someone with osteoarthritis :eek:

Attachments

Arthur

Subscriber
Hi there, anyone else got. A sofa bed like this where there is a massive gap at the back of it when open, it has a blow up mattress setup. An dlast time I used it I took my elderly mum away and had to fish her out from behind the sofa as some air had come out the mattress and she had slid down, not great for someone with osteoarthritis :eek:
I think the back & seat cushions go at the back To form a headboard, we had a similar deflating type mattress in our bus which we binned & had a mattress made which would remain on the frame when folded up. The advantage of the deflating mattress was that it generally woke up our granddaughters when they found themselves on the frame, so it does have that advantage.
Ours does not have quite as much gap at the back but it does create a backrest for whoever is using the bed.
regards

Arthur

RRV

Subscriber
Are you sure the arms have been attached to the frame correctly?

As we have something similar and the frame is attached towards the back of the arms - much further back than you show in your photo?

philip

Subscriber
I don't really know, because it was like this when we got it, any chance any of you guys could take some pics for me the frame and how it looks folded, if u cant and have no access to the RV no worries (y)

Arthur

Subscriber
I don't really know, because it was like this when we got it, any chance any of you guys could take some pics for me the frame and how it looks folded, if u cant and have no access to the RV no worries (y)
Sorry can’t help with that our bus is having some TLC with Adi4.
ChrisSS has the same bus as ours so might be able to send you some picks of his sofa set up.
Arthur

philip

Subscriber
I fear my sofa has been butchered and just néed to work out best way to solve it, found a pic of one in a hurricane like ours on the net in America and the arms are totally different and I know mine has been covered well the base only and the arms someone left the back, it is like the one Chris S-S has I would replace but I really don't think I will find something the right size, I do want the option of a proper sofa bed I will insert some pictures of how mine is now the one I think I could add a back panel in mine so that the isn't the gap there, it would act like a headboard

Attachments

Arthur

Subscriber
This was ours complete with the deflating type mattress, I sent the details to a Mattress company asking for a replacement to be made with a join where the mattress would be folded over. The layout and frame remains the same. The back rest does not fold forward but is fixed - still with a gap down the back though.
Hope the link works.

Attachments

philip

Subscriber
This was ours complete with the deflating type mattress, I sent the details to a Mattress company asking for a replacement to be made with a join where the mattress would be folded over. The layout and frame remains the same. The back rest does not fold forward but is fixed - still with a gap down the back though.
Hope the link works.
Yeah your seems to be more like a traditional sofa bed mechanism where as my cushions all stay attached to the frame in some way or another, it's going to be a long winded process sorting this I think

soul buddies

Subscriber
Hi Philip would I be right in thinking yours has been moved away from the wall and had a cillboard fitted up to the window and an electric radiator fitted underneath ? Thought the sofa went straight back against wall of rv on any I have seen ??

RV Neal

Subscriber
Mine is completely different to the ones you are talking about, it's simply a jack-knife sofa that folds flat; the backrest becomes half of the bed and the squab the other half. But, all the "cushions" (backrest and squab) are permanently attached. It's all integral. I wanted to renew the squabs but it would seem the whole thing would have to be removed.

philip

Subscriber
Mine is completely different to the ones you are talking about, it's simply a jack-knife sofa that folds flat; the backrest becomes half of the bed and the squab the other half. But, all the "cushions" (backrest and squab) are permanently attached. It's all integral. I wanted to renew the squabs but it would seem the whole thing would have to be removed.
Yeah you have a rock & roll type bed!

philip

Subscriber
Hi all been a busy boy half back in work so not so much time on the RV, I hope everyone is safe and well!. update on the sofa bed I decided to make a frame with box section to fit a king size headboard to fill the gap, just got approx 4" now where the mechanism folds back behind the lower cushions so with the mattress on all should be good and no one will fall behind the bed lol, at the same time put new runners on the draw under the sofa. The headboard is white leather but can't be seen only when the bed is open anyway. On to the next job.

Attachments