Rv there yet?

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Damon Daybreak 3270
RV Experience
5 happy years Picking up Bits
Well nearly.,...Left Weymouth and wondered why bus was stiff to move out of parking place. No warning lights. A few Revs and off she went ok. 50 miles later noticed parking brake light was on as I saw it it went out then a few miles later came on then faded to nothing. Ho hum stopped at Bristol services for lunch. No parking brake :(. Now as we were eventually going to Ludlow ( some hills) then Derbyshire dales for xmas new year ( bloody big hills). I thought with my luck the engine would conk out on a big hill and I’d be stuck with my foot on the foot brake till recovery arrived. No chance. Trip cancelled return to base. Time to utilise that really useful peace of equipment. Super Adi4 to the rescue. With luck he will get us going so we don’t miss our Xmas/new year knees up.
The little green switch must have slowly leaked.
These switches are notoriously fickle and should be changed every few years ( this one was but failed before its time) carry a spare!!!! I’ve heard of a super modified one can’t remember where. So I’ll google tonight and let you know if I find a source unless anyone here knows of one.
New one ordered from Duncan....

Member No
RV Type
A class.
Model
Thor Vegas 24.1
RV Experience
Since 2007
I'm confused Bill,I thought you were on Tudor at Slimbridge(y).Could you not have used "Park"as a temporary hand brake ?
Hope you get it fixed but with Adi and Duncan on the case you'll be fine.....Enjoy Christmas and New year(y)

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Damon Daybreak 3270
RV Experience
5 happy years Picking up Bits
I'm confused Bill,I thought you were on Tudor at Slimbridge(y).Could you not have used "Park"as a temporary hand brake ?
Hope you get it fixed but with Adi and Duncan on the case you'll be fine.....Enjoy Christmas and New year(y)
Yes we decided to carry to Slimbridge as it’s a fairly flat drive and site. But darent head up to hilly north.
No park on our gearbox as it’s too heavy propshaft brake only. Luckily I carry some small chocks so Kathy could be thrown out the door with them to keep us from rolling along

Back