RV Ride Comfort

adi4

Subscriber
Does a crash down a pothole with an otherwise impeccable ride mean you will not purchase a Monaco with the correct layout for you?
Not at all, I would own a Monaco if one came along with the correct layout, as I have said the ride quality is superb and so is the build quality, I was simply saying it is a quirk of the 8 bag Monaco Chassis.

Just like the Holiday Rambler Vacationer pushers that are on steel have a habit of changing more than one lane of a motorway when its windy ( ask Rick Motor Roamin about that one :giggle: )

Just like a BIG lack of steering lock and a tendency to wander around is a quirk of the early Chevy P30 Chassis, I know as I owned a 1991 P30 Chassis Coachmen.

Just like one of the quirks of owning our Fleetwood is that it is 27 years old and it was built on a Oshkosh Chassis, it weighs over 10 ton and it WAS on hydraulic brakes :giggle: you needed to send a carrier pigeon when you needed to stop.

But because I can........ I have up graded it to full air brakes,
and last winter I put air suspension in the rear, and this winter I am planning to do the front as well.

I am not knocking any RV cos they are all awesome in their own way, they come in all shapes and sizes and price ranges so there is something for everyone (y)(y)

Daybreaker

Subscriber
We got what we wanted an Rv, it’s economical and the size suits us and it’s wayyyy better than b an b or a hotel. We never get cabin fever in it even after we spent 6 months living in her. We love her to bits and can’t get rid... we tried and failed.. she’s got googlie eyes :). Also we would never have seen all these fab places in the uk after nearly 200 trips out.
The red indians had it right everything has a soul

jenmelmar

Subscriber
What engine do you have and what weight are you? I ask because you Mpg figures seem to me to be way over the top for an RV, if I can explain.
Lpg has a lower power density than petrol so you will do less on Lpg than on petrol, if you figures were correct that would mean you would be in the low 20's on petrol which is almost unheard of for an RV.
My husband agrees with what you say and puts the mileage down to being mostly on toll roads and using cruise control. He said once we go through towns and searching for LPG stations we will use more fuel on the stop start stuff. At the moment-what we have done is correct-thank goodness!

jenmelmar

Subscriber
What engine do you have and what weight are you? I ask because you Mpg figures seem to me to be way over the top for an RV, if I can explain.
Lpg has a lower power density than petrol so you will do less on Lpg than on petrol, if you figures were correct that would mean you would be in the low 20's on petrol which is almost unheard of for an RV.
We are a V10, 2.8 litre Tritan petrol/LPG and weight is about 8 ton.

WESTIES ON TOUR

Subscriber
We are a V10, 2.8 litre Tritan petrol/LPG and weight is about 8 ton.
Hi jenmelmar just for reference just to let you know your rv is apx 6.8 tons not 8 tons.
I used to own one.
Mine was a 8.1 litre V8.

So you can drive this rv on a car license.

When I weighted it at Dover, I was on my way to France I was fully loaded that's with a full tank of petrol and two tanks full of lpg, full of water and 4 adults, with lots of clothing lol and it weighed at 6.8.
Hope this helps.

jenmelmar

Subscriber
Hi jenmelmar just for reference just to let you know your rv is apx 6.8 tons not 8 tons.
I used to own one.
Mine was a 8.1 litre V8.

So you can drive this rv on a car license.

When I weighted it at Dover, I was on my way to France I was fully loaded that's with a full tank of petrol and two tanks full of lpg, full of water and 4 adults, with lots of clothing lol and it weighed at 6.8.
Hope this helps.
Hello
Thanks for the info but I know we went to the weighbridge next to Empire RV's and got the RV weighed with the 300cc scooter on the back and it was over 7.5 ton, so we got our paperwork upgraded back to the original 8.1 ton which is why my husband did his hgv licence to cover this. Like you we always go fully loaded with fuel and water but only us two adults. Maybe we have too many tools, books and clothes ! :) ;)

WESTIES ON TOUR

Subscriber
Hello
Thanks for the info but I know we went to the weighbridge next to Empire RV's and got the RV weighed with the 300cc scooter on the back and it was over 7.5 ton, so we got our paperwork upgraded back to the original 8.1 ton which is why my husband did his hgv licence to cover this. Like you we always go fully loaded with fuel and water but only us two adults. Maybe we have too many tools, books and clothes ! :) ;)
wow that's really odd 6.8 to 8.1 tons big difference same Rv ??.

Just had a thought they did do a triple slide is that yours ? as that's why there's a difference (mine was a single slide).

jenmelmar

Subscriber

Just had a thought they did do a triple slide is that yours ? as that's why there's a difference (mine was a single slide).
Sadly ours is only a single slide out-although the triple slide out would be great ;) It is a Monico riptide RV year 2011

jenmelmar

Subscriber

I should add that we have 10 aluminium jack pads that weigh about 30klg and also our bike rack is steel with a ramp-so all of that weighs quite a lot as well as our bicycles and other stuff :)