RV Ride Comfort

Pedro1122

Subscriber
I'm currently thinking of buying a 33ft Four Winds WindSport A class and wondering what the difference is in ride is between an AutoTrail Comanche and the RV ? Any experience in this would be appreciated.

johnpengers

Subscriber
Absolutely worlds apart.Our Autotrail Chieftain drove completely different to any of the Rv's we've had.It was comfortable enough on the road but it felt like what it was......a van.No buzz whatsoever:).
Our A class Rv is a joy to drive.Big,wide and loads of presence.Granted the front end petrol Rv's drive a lot different to the Diesel pushers.The Windsport won't have air suspension but still a far superior drive to the Autotrail.
As for the Rv being left hand drive you'll get used to that in about ten minutes of driving one(y).
My advice..........Go for it,you won't look back.(y)

Pedro1122

Subscriber
The Ford F53 chassis is by far the best front engined petrol. Especially if you do the CHF, fit polyurethane roll bar bushes and fit Koni FSD dampers.

Left hand drive and properly adjusted mirrors makes driving easy-peasy.
Looked at Sumo dampers? Where would I get your suggestions done (if needed) AND (drum roll) cost?

damon3272

Subscriber
Sorry can’t agree with that I think the Workhorse Custom Chassis is far better, a more expensive platform than the F53 but it is a Custom built Motorhome Chassis whereas the F53 is a multi purpose commercial chassis cut or extended to whatever size RV ,School bus or Delivery van it supports.
Sadly Workhorse chassis finished in 2008 ish

Daybreaker

Subscriber
We love our petrol Lpg Rv . You softy diesel pushers need to get a life. The American pioneers didn’t have suspension at all. Once we get there we are set up and the same? Slides freezers heating air con etc so stop being snobs we have more mpg .
And we ain’t killing the planet with particulates :eek:>:);). Ha ha I await your replies on that one AND THEY BE SO CHEAPER ON FUEL.
Come on petrol heads back me up:D

Uncle Tony

Subscriber
Sorry can’t agree with that I think the Workhorse Custom Chassis is far better, a more expensive platform than the F53 but it is a Custom built Motorhome Chassis whereas the F53 is a multi purpose commercial chassis cut or extended to whatever size RV ,School bus or Delivery van it supports.
He strength of the F53 is a bonus. It doesn't matter what it was built for, it does a grand job.

RV Neal

Subscriber
When I bought my Holiday Rambler I did a lot of research online to find out all about the Ford F53 chassis as I'd only had Chevy P30 chassis RVs before. I found out that the F53 chassis has been designed specifically as a motorhome platform and that it is not used for any other purpose. It is a different Ford chassis for other applications (but could be very similar?).

johnpengers

Subscriber
We love our petrol Lpg Rv . You softy diesel pushers need to get a life. The American pioneers didn’t have suspension at all. Once we get there we are set up and the same? Slides freezers heating air con etc so stop being snobs we have more mpg .
And we ain’t killing the planet with particulates :eek:>:);). Ha ha I await your replies on that one AND THEY BE SO CHEAPER ON FUEL.
Ahh Bill.......us diesel pusher boys do get there just like you granted,We do it in a bit more style and panache though !!....As for the cost.....It's only money and again,style ain't cheap !!!!!:rofl:(y).

WESTIES ON TOUR

Subscriber
Looked at Sumo dampers? Where would I get your suggestions done (if needed) AND (drum roll) cost?
Hi,
Having owned 3 Rv's, the first and second rv's not having air the ride not as good, now owing a diesel pushers far far better ride having air suspension.

If you did buy sumo dampers give Dave Evans a call 07968 429 111 based in Wolverhampton, not a million miles away from you, fantastic mechanic on Rv's and not expensive to.

motor roamin

Subscriber
Ah but with my pusher on air it doesn't rattle all the bits on it so they fall off when going down the road :)

Djstew

Subscriber
I'm currently thinking of buying a 33ft Four Winds WindSport A class and wondering what the difference is in ride is between an AutoTrail Comanche and the RV ? Any experience in this would be appreciated.
We had an Autotrail Cheyenne Tag Axle. Sold it for. Damon Daybreak on a Workhorse chassis then onto. Georgie Boy on a Ford. Both far superior to the Autotrail.