Roof repair recommendations

shovelheadrob

Subscriber
I've been to look at a toy hauler, it's pretty good apart from the roof, it's not leaking now but has some historical water ingress & will need a section of the roof repairing. If I had somewhere & some time, I'd happily do it myself but I have neither at the moment. Any recommendations? Preferably the nearer to Peterborough the better, but 100 mile radius would be fine.

Pedro1122

Subscriber
Google 'Speedliner' the garage that does my cars mot's repairs etc does it, excellent stuff. Unfortunately garage is in Leyland so too far for you.

shovelheadrob

Subscriber
We replaced ours after quotes of 12 to 15k. Not as bad as you would think to do. Kits with rubber,tape,glue,sealer ect not expensive.

It's as you say, under cover and time.
I'd be quite happy to do it myself Brian, but it's the lack of time that's the killer, I do have the use of our works unit, but it's about 2ft too long.
I've left a message with Jay at CCRV, I'll give Duncan a call in the morning, Adi is a bit too far but I'll give him a call anyway.

Daybreaker

Subscriber
Mine needs doing too... I’d do it myself if I could obtain the use of cover and live in it at same time
As it will takekme some time to complete. Dave evans is I think another who does this. It’s worth 10 grand as you can’t sell or use Rv anyway. Luckily mine is still not leaking after temp repairs

I'd be quite happy to do it myself Brian, but it's the lack of time that's the killer, I do have the use of our works unit, but it's about 2ft too long.
I've left a message with Jay at CCRV, I'll give Duncan a call in the morning, Adi is a bit too far but I'll give him a call anyway.
Did not mind doing ours, would we do it again. Yes if it's our own Rv. Think we did the job for about 2k, But that was with 6 solar panels, new controllers, repainted all fittings, extra sealer ect ect. And other stuff bought nothing to do with the roof job, Just I can not help myself in bits and Bob's to make our home really nice.
Roof kit was around 600 quid delivered with all taxes ect.

We did not need any timber work done as Dot4 was solid, only changed rubber as it lost its white covering and was just the black rubber.

Rig7941

Subscriber
I've been to look at a toy hauler, it's pretty good apart from the roof, it's not leaking now but has some historical water ingress & will need a section of the roof repairing. If I had somewhere & some time, I'd happily do it myself but I have neither at the moment. Any recommendations? Preferably the nearer to Peterborough the better, but 100 mile radius would be fine.
Dave Evans Wolverhampton 07968 429111

lee and sheryl

Subscriber
I will be replacing the roof on my brothers RV proberly next month as it was leaking like a sive and if you stood on half the roof you would go through.11 tubes of dicor later and it's been dry ever since but it needs doing. Looks like a fun job