RETROFESTIVAL NEWARK 12th TO 14th JUNE 2020 ( CANCELLED )

WESTIES ON TOUR

Subscriber
Adi,

If I don't have a refund will this automatically go to Newbury show 2020 ? or will it go to Newark 2021.

If I have the option can I transfer to Newbury 2020.

Well here it is that time again when we are preparing for the season rallies and you will be pleased to note that the same team of marshals have agreed to give up their time to work these rallies.

The venue is the same and we will be in the same area as before.

Due to obvious increases not only in the rent of the ground but just about all the other cost we have
had to accept a price increase again this year, but it is still a substantial saving over general camping with a pitch that's right in the thick of the action.

So book the time off and fill out the forms and secure your place at a fantastic Retro event.

The booking procedure is slightly different than last year in that it is being done electronically using Eventree, an event management company with extensive experience of large events such as Shambala, Boomtown and parts of Glastonbury.

When you follow the link below to Eventree you will be prompted to create a free account if you do not already have one ( which is really simple to do )

After you have filled the form in you will automatically be taken to PayPal, where you can pay either using your PayPal account or Credit / Debit card if you do not have one.

Once you have completed the payment process and once your application has been approved by the team, you will receive an Email in which you will get a gate pass in the form of a printable window badge ( to get you in the front gate ) and you will receive QR codes for both vehicle and passengers, these will need to be printed before you arrive at the showground.

DON'T FORGET THAT YOU HAVE TO BOOK WITH THE CLUB TO RALLY WITH THE CLUB AND THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN DO THAT IS TO FILL OUT THE ON LINE FORM

Any questions please contact Adi4 rather than Landylover ( Bill ) as we have taken over as head Marshals.

https://applications.eventree.co.uk/apply/form/id/2925

We look forward to seeing you there.

Adi, Cassie and the Team
Hi
I paid for retro Newark at the end of feb using this link ,just found out it’s cancelled and emailed them for a refund (payed with PayPal) and they are now saying they have no knowledge of this event although they have took the money ,so much easier to just fill a form in and post.

adi4

Subscriber
Hi
I paid for retro Newark at the end of feb using this link ,just found out it’s cancelled and emailed them for a refund (payed with PayPal) and they are now saying they have no knowledge of this event although they have took the money ,so much easier to just fill a form in and post.

Who did you email? as it is us you needed to contact so that we can arrange a refund as we are dealing for the ticketing for RVOC and FUN.
If you emailed Retrofestival direct they will not know about you as we are dealing with all RVOC and Motorhome Fun applications

Sadly the fill the form and post option created a huge amount of cost and background work - the new system is much more streamlined and easier for the admin team, but this is an unprecedented situation so please bear with us.

Thanks

Cassie & Adi

Last edited:

adi4

Subscriber
Hi

We were very saddened to discover that when we went to initiate your refund that you had already opened up a PayPal dispute without contacting us or replying to the message above.

We are very busy at present dealing with the administration of the show and trying to run our own business at the same time in this very difficult climate, a little more patience would have gone a long way at this point and time.

Even if this had been the old system it would have not made the refund process any quicker.

Rant over.......

Adi & Cassie

Last edited:

motor roamin

Subscriber
We were very saddened to discover that when we went to initiate your refund that you had already opened up a PayPal dispute without contacting us or replying to the message above.

We are very busy at present dealing with the administration of the show and trying to run our own business at the same time in this very difficult climate, a little more patience would have gone a long way at this point and time.

Even if this had been the old system it would have not made the refund process any quicker.

Rant over.......

Adi & Cassie
Unfortunately some people have no patience, anyone requiring a refund contact Adi by PM and it will be sorted but be patient, every business owner is busy sorting out their business and livelihood as well at present, there is no need to open paypal disputes if a refund is required just go through the correct channels and you will in due course receive one, remember Marshals and RVOC meet organisers are not paid and give up their time freely for all our enjoyment.

My rant over.

Dodgit

Subscriber

Rant over.......

Adi & Cassie
Hi Adi & Cassie,

That was upsetting . . . but . .

I remember when I asked for a refund (non arrival of goods) quite some time ago
from PayPal there wasn't any warning/option, it went straight into 'dispute'.

So this might have been beyond their control - American Litigation Syndrome ! ?

adi4

Subscriber
Hi Adi & Cassie,

That was upsetting . . . but . .

I remember when I asked for a refund (non arrival of goods) quite some time ago
from PayPal there wasn't any warning/option, it went straight into 'dispute'.

So this might have been beyond their control - American Litigation Syndrome ! ?

Hi Roger.

I hear what you are saying BUT........it would have been nice if he had either

A...... contacted us about a refund
B......replied to the message that we sent him

BEFORE he open a case in PayPal.

The sad thing is we replied to his message within 10 minutes of him posting it and less than 24 hours later he open a PayPal dispute .............

Adi & Cassie

Last edited:

Dodgit

Subscriber
Hi Roger.

I hear what you are saying BUT........it would have been nice if he had either

A...... contacted us about a refund
B......replied to the message that we sent him

BEFORE he open a case in PayPal.

The sad thing is we replied to his message within 10 minutes of him posting it and less than 24 hours later he open a PayPal dispute .............

Adi & Cassie
Absolutely,
Just an observation - Not a mitigation.

Hope you guys are looking after yourselves,
especially you Mrs Bown ! x

How’s the facelift going - any more photos ?

...replied on my phone - think it went to MHF email first time ... Ooops

motor roamin

Subscriber
Rant or wind up you decide. Marshalls don't get paid but they don't pay either
I agree Steve but even a little show like Peterborough with 20 rv takes possibly 10 hours of work before arriving then three days when arrived and I promise wether worth it or not I charge more than £20 a day especially when two of those days are 12hours. don't get me wrong I am not complaining else I wouldn't do it.

paul&debra

Subscriber
Can I just say, no such consideration at the Cuckoo fair. We all pay the same, and then we provide Breakfast for everyone as well. But we done Peterborough once. We didnt pay, but as Rick says, we were parking up for RVOC and two other clubs. Never sat down longer than five minutes in the first two days. Then became litter pickers on the last day. I would rather have paid (y)

onan

Subscriber
We have marshalled in the past for ARVE. Never again!

Too many difficult “happy campers”. First one arrived three hours early, got me out of bed and insisted on being parked up. Wasn’t even booked in with ARVE but ARV. So it continued for two days. In hindsight we would have paid not to attend.

Some wouldn’t even accept that I was right. They should have known better!

So thank you, to all our Marshalls and rally organisers.

shovelheadrob

Subscriber
Rant or wind up you decide. Marshalls don't get paid but they don't pay either
I "help out" at the Peterborough Hotrod Nationals, for my time & effort I get free admission & camping for myself & Linda, I "work" a minimum of 8 hours each day setting stuff up, getting exhibits in the right place, supervising the drive in vehicles on display each day, answering questions & making sure nearly everyone is happy.......
If you break it down to an hourly rate it's well below minimum wage & by the time you stop you're almost too knackered to enjoy the evening entertainment, every year I say I'll just pay the entry fee next year.
The date has been moved from May to August so might still happen this year, will I be helping? Most likely as it's a fantastic event & we usually have a great team although we lost one of the best characters to the evil "C" last year, the people behind the scenes do this because they enjoy it not because they get in for free. You need a thick skin & broad shoulders, if you have neither then don't bother applying. :rock::rock:
Not a rant or a wind up, just a view from the inside.