REAL: 5th Wheel Sites

MrTonySr

Hi ALL
I have an issue which is rather frustrating and I hope someone can help?
Although loads of sites and apparent listings say they accept 5th Wheelers (39ft+) I am constantly getting knock backs for one reason or another and I just don’t get why when they state fully serviced and large pitches and the killer they say 39ft+ too!!!?
All I need is Water, Power and if possible Black & Grey Waste hook ups helps.
SO: If any of You know any sites that 100% DO take 5th wheelers 40ft long then please please let me know ASAP as My season ends in March where I am now in East Sussex.
Prefer between M3 & M20 along M27 Corridor
I am 55 so not a party starter LOL
Much thanks in advance

paul&debra

Subscriber
The Caravan and Motorhome Club Site at Bearstead I think can accommodate. Worth a ring. Very expensive, but very good is concierge camping in Chichester. Large full serviced pitches. Basic campsite ( No services on pitch) and only any good in dry weather is Park Farm Camping at Bodium. Electric and really just a big field. Will add more as they come to mind.

I've been touring the UK since March last year, I've mainly used C&CC sites, although London was C&HC, I stayed near Winchester and Chichester harbour. Mine rig is 28' trailer and 41' on the road. I've not had any problems, I prefer the small sites CL's etc. sorry

Don't think either the Caravan Club or Camping and Caravanning Club will allow or have pitches to accommodate a 40ft RV ?

MrTonySr

The Caravan and Motorhome Club Site at Bearstead I think can accommodate. Worth a ring. Very expensive, but very good is concierge camping in Chichester. Large full serviced pitches. Basic campsite ( No services on pitch) and only any good in dry weather is Park Farm Camping at Bodium. Electric and really just a big field. Will add more as they come to mind.
I am afraid Bearsted is to far out of My catchment area, Concierge have already said no already and the Bodium option doesn't sound best option but thank You so much for Your input :)
Tony

I recall Dick Kingswell the producer of The Big Pitch Guide telling me that several sites on his guide would no longer accept 5th wheeler's following some owners who obviously couldn't maneuver their rigs had churned up and cause damage to the pitches.

MrTonySr

I recall Dick Kingswell the producer of The Big Pitch Guide telling me that several sites on his guide would no longer accept 5th wheeler's following some owners who obviously couldn't maneuver their rigs had churned up and cause damage to the pitches.

Well although that makes sense and I feel no one can blame sites for that what I don't like is they all claim 39+ on web sites or links to the web site then they won't take or can't take them?!

AlaskaGuy

Hi ALL
I have an issue which is rather frustrating and I hope someone can help?
Although loads of sites and apparent listings say they accept 5th Wheelers (39ft+) I am constantly getting knock backs for one reason or another and I just don’t get why when they state fully serviced and large pitches and the killer they say 39ft+ too!!!?
All I need is Water, Power and if possible Black & Grey Waste hook ups helps.
SO: If any of You know any sites that 100% DO take 5th wheelers 40ft long then please please let me know ASAP as My season ends in March where I am now in East Sussex.
Prefer between M3 & M20 along M27 Corridor
I am 55 so not a party starter LOL
Much thanks in advance
Try Holmsley, the Camping in the Forest site in the New Forest. My 5er will be there all summer, as I am due to start as a site assistant.

MrTonySr

Try Holmsley, the Camping in the Forest site in the New Forest. My 5er will be there all summer, as I am due to start as a site assistant.
Hi there and thanks, but I have now found and decided that Truro is the place to go for 12months from April 30th :)

tacr2man

Subscriber
Hey bud what have you found near Truro.
I'm looking around similar area for an all year round site.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I know Truro caravan park at Chacewater take RV and 5th wheelers
as that's where I collected my Ultrasport . they even open the top gate for easy acess to A390
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Truro+Caravan+&+Camping+Park/@50.2659043,-5.128817,277m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m8!3m7!1s0x486b18399a613e63:0xffe46f5f06345dd8!5m2!4m1!1i2!8m2!3d50.2641983!4d-5.1302607

MrTonySr

Thats where I am, Truro C&C Park a great, well kept, purpose built, centrally located in Cornwall Site! Oh and its 12months too, speak to Kim and see if availability is there as there was a waiting list I believe :)

AlaskaGuy

We’re gonna be at Holmsley next Thursday night for one night on way to Seafood Festival
I only just saw your post! Good to see you here at Holmsley, hope it was a good night. I hope the festival was not washed out or blown away.... that was some wild weather!