Proof if it was needed

motor roamin

Subscriber
Standing kills vehicles, our trucks have stood for 11 of the last 13 months despite running them up every week and running them down the road once a month the first fault has reared its ugly head at 4 years old a set of batteries are needed for one truck, see what the rest of the week costs.

motor roamin

Subscriber
Just had to go out to it to jump start it being one of these modern trucks that turn themselves off after a couple of mins of tick over, DAF are coming later with new batteries but guess what there is a shortage they have got to come from one of their other depot’s.

bengie

Subscriber
Rick. Are you not using C Tec mxs 25 Battery charger. I think they where invented for Swiss military to keep there trucks charged up. I have used one for years great also for recovering batteries that have run down or scaled up. Inteligent charger so can be left on 24/7. Think they only about £170 each.

motor roamin

Subscriber
Rick. Are you not using C Tec mxs 25 Battery charger. I think they where invented for Swiss military to keep there trucks charged up. I have used one for years great also for recovering batteries that have run down or scaled up. Inteligent charger so can be left on 24/7. Think they only about £170 each.
Trouble is the trucks are parked in a yard with no electric anywhere near them plus if it aint nailed down the pikies come in and nick it all the vehicles parked inside have intelligent chargers on them (y)