Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Winnebago Brave 33' 2002
RV Experience
Full-Timing since April 2012
Hi

I must get back into the habit of posting and just not looking. But for now I need some help please. Daughter has moved to Salford Quays, Manchester and it seems a great idea to just drive up the motorway from Devon to visit her. Trouble is I have as yet found no where anywhere close.

Apart from the normal searches does anyone know of anywhere that is not on the main websites.

Thanks

Michael

Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
Coachmen Mirada 32'
RV Experience
10+ in Caravans, 5th wheels and now A class
There is no where 'close' as such, you would need a car to get from nearest sites to salford Quays or you would need to be close to a rail station or tramway
Most are affiliated to one or other of the clubs, one to avoid is Holly Bank just off junction 21 of the M6, there are 2 5van sites at culcheth one for each club, with train station approx 2 to 3 miles away, one at Bury which is a cc main club but has tramway into Manchester and Salford and several others in the areas surrounding manchester

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/c...=&md=20&l=53.48804553605622&lg=-2.04345703125

dj motormouth

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Winnebago Brave 33' 2002
RV Experience
It does amaze me how wherever we have family there is just a complete lack of sites. Not even pubs on offer. I know that fields in the middle of nowhere are cheaper to buy, but sometimes I wonder if there is a general distrust of all rv's, motorhomes and caravans in this country.

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Beaver Monterey 33'
RV Experience
since 2013
Do you take a toad with you? how close do you need to be? There's Capesthorn Hall, really nice peaceful site with immaculate shower block with a laundry and everything in superb grounds but it is still a fair trek away from Salford ........

http://www.capesthorne.com/caravan-park

Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Beaver Monterey 33'
RV Experience
since 2013
Do you have the Britstops book? I could have a look in there for you if you've not signed up for it, there may be a pub on the outskirts somewhere, the only thing with that would be they are only supposed to be for a night or two but I'm sure that could be worked around with the right place ;)

Member No
RV Type
A class
Model
Coachmen Mirada 32'
RV Experience
10+ in Caravans, 5th wheels and now A class
The sites at Culcheth are around 15 mins drive from Salford Queys with a car, I can only comment on these two and Hollybank which does not have a good rep in general as well as it flooding when very wet as its right along side the River Mersey as i live in the area near them

dj motormouth

Subscriber
Member No
RV Type
A Class
Model
Winnebago Brave 33' 2002
RV Experience
In a lot of ways a pub would be good as we can stay still and daughter can come to us. A couple of nights tops is all we would want anyway so staying over is not problem. We have the same problem with the son in Surrey, and that is an area I know very well.

Back