Paint code

evopower

Subscriber
Hi

Anyone know where the paint code is located on a trail-aire silhouette?

Or know of a company in Somerset area that can scan the paint off the water heater cover ?

Just need a few touch up bottles with the brush.

Many thanks

RV Neal

Subscriber
Mines in a cab door threshold. You only have one door to check. Perhaps someone will offer more specific advice?

johnpengers

Subscriber
To be honest any descent body shop will scan your heater door or fridge door and get a perfect match, probably better than the actual paint codes.The problem I've found is the actual amount they're willing to mix.......not many will do the small touch up tin.
If you do find somewhere that does the small amounts I'd be very interested especially in Somerset.(y)

RV Neal

Subscriber
To be honest any descent body shop will scan your heater door or fridge door and get a perfect match, probably better than the actual paint codes.The problem I've found is the actual amount they're willing to mix.......not many will do the small touch up tin.
If you do find somewhere that does the small amounts I'd be very interested especially in Somerset.(y)
Kent Paints in Tyland Lane, Maidstone (01622 752821) used to match any paint and you could buy just one aerosol. Not sure if they still offer this service but a phone call would establish.

WESTIES ON TOUR

Subscriber
Hi

Anyone know where the paint code is located on a trail-aire silhouette?

Or know of a company in Somerset area that can scan the paint off the water heater cover ?

Just need a few touch up bottles with the brush.

Many thanks
Hi,
If you go to a car repair shop that sells paint or primer ect ect, thay will have a device/gun that point to your paint on your rv and it will provide a paint code and thay should be able to match and make your colour.

johnpengers

Subscriber
Had a bit of a jaunt out today with my fridge outer door to Grove in Westbury.
They couldn't have been nicer and I came away with my 100ml bottles of paint.
Like Mr Evopower said they scanned the individual colours, did something on the computer and went in the back to mix it.Obviously the social distancing and mask rules were observed so all good.I just need a warm sunny day to test my paint or suck up to James at Empire to use his warm workshop;).
I also asked about their shop in Taunton and according to the lads in Westbury its now open again(y).